US army brought coronavirus to Wuhan!
Published: 06:50 PM, 13 March 2020
A spokesman for China’s foreign ministry alleged that the US Army might have brought coronavirus to Wuhan. He claimed that Wuhan is not the origin of coronavirus rather the deadly virus came from US.
China Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Zhao Lijian revealed this possibility in a tweet on Thursday night.
In that tweet, he said the United States actually lacks transparency. When was the first patient identified in the United States? How many have been infected? What are the names of hospitals? They are hiding all the information. It may be that the US military has brought the epidemic there. He urged on the United States to release the information, saying that the United States should explain it!
It might be the US army that brought the coronavirus to China, giving an official boost to a conspiracy theory that had been allowed to circulate on Chinese social media for weeks. The conspiracy posits that 300 athletes from the US military who in October attended the 7th Military World Games in Wuhan, where the epidemic first broke out, were infected with the virus, thereby spreading it in China, Zhao said.
Zhao’s comment accompanied a video from a US congressional hearing this week on the country’s response to the epidemic. Robert Redfield, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said in the video that some patients who were previously diagnosed to have died from the flu were found to have actually died from the coronavirus.
The video began trending on Chinese social network Weibo, with many commenting that they now believe firmly that the US had covered up facts related to the epidemic.
Asked on Thursday at a media briefing here whether China has proof that the coronavirus didn’t originate in China and if so, where did it originate, another Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said the “origin of the virus can only be determined by science. We need to rely on scientific and professional views. We don’t hope to see anyone making an issue out of this to stigmatize other countries.”
“With COVID-19 developing into a pandemic, the world should come together to fight it instead of leveling accusations and attacks against each other, which is not constructive at all,” Geng said.
When asked about US President Donald Trump’s televised speech on Thursday in which he said that coronavirus started in China and spread to other places, Geng said China has been “acting in an open, transparent and highly responsible way since the outbreak of the epidemic”.
On Monday, Geng condemned US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for branding the coronavirus as “Wuhan virus” terming his remarks as “despicable behaviour” and an attempt to stigmatise the Communist country.
On Wednesday, US security adviser Robert O’Brien said the world suffered two months because of China’s slow pace in combating the coronavirus. China’s pretext was needed to counter the virus. Moreover, China has committed crimes by disrupting the free flow of virus information.
It is to be noted that US officials have accused China of not being sufficiently transparent about the information about the coronavirus spread in December last year. China got angry over the allegations. But the head of China’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention has previously said that the virus spreads from the market of its wild animals in Wuhan.
- 2 killed in Tangail autorickshaw-motorcycle collision
- Online portals to bring under registration soon: Hasan
- Imperial and BBMH declared as dedicated Covid-19 hospitals
- Magura coronavirus cases rise to 20
- Ershad’s ‘Palli Nibas’ under lockdown
- Niloufer Manzur laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard
- 1,200 Bangladeshis return home from Maldives
- COVID-19 cases surpass 5.6 million globally
- Chandpur coronavirus deaths rise to 13
- Chicken prices drop by Tk 40
- Man hides after knowing he tests COVID-19 positive
- ‘BNP can’t shun politics of criticism, hatred even on Eid day’
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Motijheel zone ADC Mithu infected with coronavirus
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country
- Nushrat wants to get married!