UPDF leader shot dead in Khagrachhari
Published: 09:28 PM, 22 April 2018
A leader of United People’s Democratic Front (UPDF) was gunned down and another man sustained bullet wound on Sunday in a clash over establishing supremacy in Mortila area of Panchhari upazila in Khagrachhari.
The deceased was identified as Sunil Bikash Tripura alias Kathang, 40, an organizer of UPDF Matiranga and Guimara units.
Police said another indigenous man Anata Tripura, 29, also sustained bullet injuries during the clash.
District unit UPDF leader Mikel Chakma alleged a group of armed members of Parbatya Chattagram Jana Sanghati Samity (PCJSS) opened fired on Bikash, killing him on the spot.
However, PCJSS leaders denied the allegation.
Police said the injured was rushed to a local hospital.
- Helpless Billal wants to live
- 3 murders in 5 minutes!
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- 49 held in anti-narcotics drive
- Dhoni explains how he deals with negativity, frustration
- PM Imran meets Saudi King Salman
- New DGs in four directorates
- Drives against corruption continue: Home Minister
- Nutrients Cheese Samucha
- Sunny Leone celebrates daughter’s birthday with ‘a blast’
- Now Jamalpur office assistant detains with bribe
- Legendary Fakir Lalon’s death anniv observed today
- 2nd round of NCL begins tomorrow
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- OC Moazzem’s bail hearing Nov 3
- 25 injured in cops-villagers clash
- 86% of Payra Thermal Power Plant work completed
- Pankaj Debnath commits suicide
- NASA unveils new spacesuits for human lunar landing
- Five more Bangladesh cricketers in ‘The Hundred’ draft
- JS to go into 5th session Nov 7
- Law Minister affirms quick disposal of Abrar murde case
- Rifat murder: Farazi’s bail plea rejected
- All to be responsible to avert accidents: PM
- Hydroponic farming being adopted in coastal region
- BUET students’ movement ends by mass oath
- Focus on women, not cows; says Miss Kohima to Modi
- Tea-seller’s hanging body recovered from DU Curzon Hall
- Night temperature may fall gradually
- Wife among 4 to die for killing Kushtia farmer
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- A tale of Titanic survivor Elsie Bowerman
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- China`s first polar observation satellite supports polar research
- New moon king Saturn
- US halts China visas over Uighur issue
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- The lake that turns life to stone!
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial