UNICEF, BFF 2yrs deal to bolster girls’ power through football
Published: 07:12 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 07:16 PM, 3 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
UNICEF signed a two-year-long partnership agreement with Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) on Monday to bolster girls' empowerment through football.
The agreement is part of UNICEF's long-term commitment to make sports available for all, especially for women and girls.
Bangladesh Football Federation President Kazi Salahuddin and UNICEF Bangladesh Representative Edouard Beigbeder signed the agreement on behalf of their respective organizations at the BFF office.
Under the agreement, the UNICEF logo will be placed in the jersey of the National Under-16 Girl's Football Team in all the national and international matches and also at the practice sessions.
In addition, UNICEF will be working closely with BFF to encourage more girls to participate in football by organizing national talent-hunt program and arranging football tournaments, covering all the 64 districts of Bangladesh on yearly basis.
Under the terms of the partnership, the BFF has appointed UNICEF as the exclusive Development Partner of Bangladesh National Girls' Football Team.
“This initiative will offer a unique opportunity to enhance UNICEF's partnerships in the world of sport by bringing into limelight the hidden talent scattered across the country with a strong potential to change lives,” said Beigbeder.
He further added that Bangladesh's female national under16-players were now “models of girl empowerment and emancipation” and had set an example for other girls in the country to follow.
He said that sport promotes equity and inclusion and plays a vital role in breaking entrenched attitudes and practices that discriminate against girls including child marriage, child trafficking and violence against children.
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- ‘Gas supply’ in Capital suspended tomorrow
- No unity in Oikya Front: Information Minister
- PM for girls’ vocational education
- JP`s proposal to ensure safe Eid- journey
- Trump and Abe do diplomacy over golf and sumo
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- Maritime ports advised to lower signal
- Close aide of Smriti Irani shot dead
- Cricket on moving ship! Video Viral
- Bangladesh achieve unique success in power services
- Temperature may rise (1-3)°C
- President returns home after 11 day
- Modi appointed as India’s PM for second term
- Bangladeshi shot dead in US
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Old warhorse Malinga keeps Sri Lanka dreaming
- Tigers to face Pakistan this afternoon
- S Africa to meet Windies today in WC warm-up
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Facebook plans cryptocurrency launch next year
- Don’t want to continue as CM, Mamata tells party
- `Special session` will be held with different arrangements
- Messi wins his sixth European Golden Shoe
- Bangladesh take on Pakistan in 1st warm-up tomorrow
- President to return home tomorrow
- Mannan leaves for Bangkok tomorrow
- Tk 20 labor cost for per mount rice in govt warehouse
- Road crash kills 3 in B`baria
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Highest power generation recorded
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!