UNICEF, BFF 2yrs deal to bolster girls’ power through football
Published: 07:12 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 07:16 PM, 3 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
UNICEF signed a two-year-long partnership agreement with Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) on Monday to bolster girls' empowerment through football.
The agreement is part of UNICEF's long-term commitment to make sports available for all, especially for women and girls.
Bangladesh Football Federation President Kazi Salahuddin and UNICEF Bangladesh Representative Edouard Beigbeder signed the agreement on behalf of their respective organizations at the BFF office.
Under the agreement, the UNICEF logo will be placed in the jersey of the National Under-16 Girl's Football Team in all the national and international matches and also at the practice sessions.
In addition, UNICEF will be working closely with BFF to encourage more girls to participate in football by organizing national talent-hunt program and arranging football tournaments, covering all the 64 districts of Bangladesh on yearly basis.
Under the terms of the partnership, the BFF has appointed UNICEF as the exclusive Development Partner of Bangladesh National Girls' Football Team.
“This initiative will offer a unique opportunity to enhance UNICEF's partnerships in the world of sport by bringing into limelight the hidden talent scattered across the country with a strong potential to change lives,” said Beigbeder.
He further added that Bangladesh's female national under16-players were now “models of girl empowerment and emancipation” and had set an example for other girls in the country to follow.
He said that sport promotes equity and inclusion and plays a vital role in breaking entrenched attitudes and practices that discriminate against girls including child marriage, child trafficking and violence against children.
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- Transplantation of boro paddy seedling gets momentum
- NASA greenlights SpaceX crew capsule test to ISS
- Two killed in Pekua clash
- We are on a rise as a team: Hetmyer
- UN Secy General condoles deaths in Chawkbazar fire
- Sadman, Riyad, Miraz strikes fifty in warm-up
- 7 drug traders among 30 held in Dinajpur
- Village doctor shot dead in Teknaf
- Dry weather with partly cloudy sky likely
- ‘Chemical godowns not removed despite drives is regretful’
- 1,482 bottles of Phensidyl recovered in Jashore
- Father, son among 4 killed in road crashes
- Sudan President declares year-long state of emergency
- PM at burn unit of DMCH
- 50 die after drinking poisonous liquor in India
- 5 decades of Bangabandhu title
- PM to visit Chawkbazar fire victims at DMCH today
- La Liga: Barcelona to face Sevilla tonight
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- Evidence of ‘chemical’ connection to Churihatta fire found
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire