UN publishes report in Bengali on Language Day
Published: 09:04 PM, 21 February 2020
The United Nations Development Agency (UNDP) inaugurated a Bangla font on International Mother Language Day. In addition, with respect to the Bangla language, the UN organization published a summary of their last year's Human Development Report in Bengal.
Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen inaugurated this Bangla font at a hotel in Dhaka on Friday. All of which can be downloaded from UNDP's website. The organization said the font was created considering the Bangla joint letter and dimension of the Bengali alphabet. Dr. Selim Jahan also wrote a summary of UNDP's human development report in Bengal. He recently retired after being involved in the report preparation process for a long time.
The Foreign Minister also said that Bangladesh is going ahead into a middle-income country by 2021. We will need five to ten lakh dollars of funding by 2030. Of these, a part will come from government funds while the rest of the fund will come from private sectors and high-income countries and development agencies.
He said that high income countries are no longer providing assistance to the underdeveloped or developing countries as promised. In this context, an organization like UNDP can make significant contributions to Bangladesh, he said.
Praising the UNDP, the minister said that in many other countries, the money of the United Nations is wasted, but in Bangladesh, it is very low. This is why UNDP has set a successful example in Bangladesh. Praising Selim Jahan, author of Human Development Report in Bangla, the minister said that Selim is now retired. But he is still an asset for us.
- Coronavirus death toll rise to 36,912, infected over .76m
- Coronavirus claims over 1200 lives in just 3 hours
- China stays with Bangladesh in war against coronavirus
- Woman dies of dyspnoea, all family members in quarantine
- PM calls 12 ministers-secretaries
- Rice at Tk 30, flour at Tk 18
- Netanyahu in self-isolation after aide tests corona-positive
- Singer Fahmida Nabi in house-arrest in London
- Reason of German minister’s suicide unveiled
- 2 killed in Naogaon road crash
- Indefinite hat-bazar shutdown in Barguna
- Tea-worker family in Quarantine in Kamolganj
- Test your coronavirus infection risk at home
- FBCCI to provide PPE to health service workers
- 40 youths’ great initiative to tackle coronavirus
- Tokyo Olympics pushed back a year
- DC door to door with sack on shoulder
- Pandemic coronavirus death toll crosses 35,000
- MP Jakob donates Tk 25 lakh to Charfashon-Manpura poor
- ICDDRB to test coronavirus
- US-Bangla provides PPE to all hospitals
- Netanyahu`s aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Fire hits 6 houses in Gopalganj
- CUET to remain shut until April 9
- Dhoni set for international retirement!
- Over 500 deaths recorded in US in a day; 21,000 infected
- PM to hold videoconference on coronavirus situation tomorrow
- Coronavirus: India to release 3000 prisoners!
- Woman in quarantine under open sky!
- Woman dies of breathing difficulties in Sunamganj, family quarantined
- All News »
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- US lawyer files $20 tn indemnity against China
- Italy registers 59,138 coronavirus cases, 5,476 dead
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case