UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
Published: 02:34 PM, 20 June 2019 Updated: 03:19 PM, 20 June 2019
Mentioned Bangladesh as the 'most trusted, supportive and generous' country of peace, Force Commander of United Nation's peacekeeping mission praised the Bangladeshi peacekeepers for their professional skills and sincerity.
They expressed their commendations when the force commanders of the peacekeeping missions, led by UN Military Advisor Lieutenant General Carlos Lait, made a visit to the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh, said a press release issued from Bangladesh mission in New York on Thursday.
According to the release, as a part of the "17th Head of Military Component Conference", held on 17-21 June, in the UN Headquarters, the force commanders of missions visit the Bangladesh Mission. There are 12 force commanders in the 35-member delegation including officers of the UN.
Masud Bin Momen, the Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the UN, welcomed the delegation. He also highlighted Bangladesh's contribution to UN Peacekeeping Operations as one of the largest contributors to UN peacekeeping operations.
In this context, the Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to UN mentioned the increasing the number of Bangladeshi women peacekeepers and providing modern equipment and training.
Ambassador Masud Bin Momen reiterated Bangladesh's 'zero tolerance' policy to prevent sexual harassment and misuse during peacekeeping operations.
Defense Adviser of Bangladesh Mission Brigadier General Khan Firoz Ahmed highlighted the role and action of Bangladeshi peacekeepers in the peacekeeping missions, saying that Bangladesh is one of the largest contributors to UN peacekeeping operations. So far, 1,063,181 peacekeepers from Bangladesh participated in 54 UN peacekeeping missions. Of them, 1,161 members were women. At present, 6,500 Bangladeshi peacekeepers are employed in 10 missions. As many as 146 people died while 227 were injured while performing their duty.
The delegation was shown two videos on Development of Bangladesh and its Participation in Peacekeeping Operations.
All members of the delegation including the force commanders of peacekeeping missions thanked the Bangladesh Mission for their excellent arrangements and hospitality.
Bangladesh Military Officers, who are working in the United Nations Headquarters, including officials of Bangladesh Mission in the United Nations were present in the programme.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN