UN Chinese diplomat refutes US accusations as ‘baseless’
Published: 12:27 PM, 13 October 2020 Updated: 05:34 PM, 13 October 2020
Geng Shuang, China’s deputy permanent representative to the United Nations; Photo: Collected
Geng Shuang, China’s deputy permanent representative to the United Nations, refuted all the accusations made by the United States as “baseless” and listed 10 facts about the US wrongdoings in international security.
“The US representative spread the political virus in the UN and smeared China on Covid-19, which is totally unacceptable,” he said at a meeting of the General Assembly’s Disarmament and International Security Committee on Friday.
According to Global China Daily, Geng Shuang pointed out the mistakes the US made in combating the pandemic, saying: “They cannot fool the international community.”
At the committee’s general debate, a US representative again made groundless accusations against China on Covid-19, claiming that Russia and China are engaged in “nuclear build-up” and that international peace and security are under grave threat, according to the Chinese Permanent Mission to the UN.
The ambassador said that China opposes arms race, upholds multilateralism, and implements its obligations under relevant arms control treaties and agreements. It also supports dialogue and cooperation in the security area.
“I have just one message: the US is the gravest threat to global strategic security and stability,” he said, before listing 10 facts.
The 10 facts that were pointed out by the Chinese diplomat are -
- First - the US is obsessed with military build-up.
- Second - the US is returning to its Cold War mentality.
- Third - they pursuing unilateralism.
- Fourth - the country is seeking to free its hands.
- Fifth - the US is pushing political maneuvering by following double standards on nuclear non-proliferation, abusing unilateral sanctions, and serving its geopolitical agenda such as the Iranian nuclear issue and the Korean nuclear issue.
- Sixth - the US is breaking strategic balance.
- Seventh - they are impeding biological arms control.
- Eighth - the US is delaying the chemical weapons destruction.
- Ninth - the US is relaunching its “star wars” program.
- Tenth - they are building an empire of hacking.
“As the strongest military power with the most advanced weapons in the world, the US has a special and primary responsibility in arms control and disarmament,” the envoy said.
Source: The Global China Daily