ULAB student rape, death: DJ Neha lands in jail...

Dhaka, Saturday   17 April 2021

ULAB student rape, death: DJ Neha lands in jail

 Staff Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 12:43 PM, 11 February 2021   Updated: 12:45 PM, 11 February 2021

DJ Neha; File Photo

DJ Neha; File Photo

The court has sent Farzana Zaman Neha alias DJ Neha to jail in a case of rape and death of a ULAB university student in the capital.

The court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Satyabrata Sikder passed the order on Wednesday. 

This information has obtained from the general registration branch of the concerned court on Thursday. 

Accused Neha was produced in court after being remanded before being sent to jail.

Mohammadpur police SI Md. Sajedul Haque pleaded to keep her in jail in the interest of proper investigation of the case. At that time, the lawyer of the accused appealed for bail. After the hearing, the court rejected the bail petition and ordered to send Neha to jail. 

Earlier on February 5, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Satyabrata Sikder’s court granted a five-day remand to the deceased ULAB student’s friend Farzana Zaman Neha in the case. 

SI Md. Sajedul Haque, investigating officer of the case, appealed for seven-day remand on February 8. After the hearing on February 9, the court granted a one-day remand to Neha.  

The court on January 31, placed the victim’s friends and accused Mortuja Raihan Chowdhury and Nuhat Alam Tafsir on five-day remand as the father of the victim filed the case with the capital’s Mohammadpur Police Station against four people including Neha, Mortuja and Tasfir earlier on that day.

According to the case documents, Mortuja on January 28 took the victim to Bamboo Shot Restaurant in Uttara Sector-3, where Neha and their other friends were present and they consumed excessive alcohol.

At one stage, the victim fell sick and Mortuja took her to their friend’s Tasfir’s house. There Mortuja raped her. The next day, they took her to Ibn Sina Hospital and later Anwar Khan Modern Hospital, where she died two-day later.