UK to assist Bangladesh for enhancing digital economy
Published: 10:59 PM, 4 February 2020
The United Kingdom has assured Bangladesh of providing all-out support for strengthening its position in digital economy globally.
The assurance came from a bilateral meeting held between visiting Bangladesh State Minister for ICT Division Zunaid Ahmed Palak and UK Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Matt Warman.
The meeting was held at the Palace of Westminster in London, according to a message received here today.
During the meeting, they discussed issues related to bilateral interest and the progress of ICT sector.
Palak said digital economy is growing fast in Bangladesh, while around 10 crore people of the country use internet, which is the most potential side of digital economy. “And Bangladesh’s economy is growing fast utilising this potential,” he added.
The state minister said the Bangladesh government has already taken three agendas of digital economy aiming to implement its vision of “Digital Bangladesh”.
He said the government is building skilled manpower in the ICT sector, while it has been working to bring the whole citizens of the country under broadband internet coverage and build a cashless society.'
Terming the Bangladesh’s progress in the ICT sector a remarkable one, Warman said the UK will provide all-out support for strengthening Bangladesh’s position in digital economy globally.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Saida Muna Tasneem, among others, was present at the meeting.
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- Family of 4 all die of coronavirus in a week
- 327 Japanese left Bangladesh
- Youth slaughtered on his way home in Jashore
- Charles says pandemic is strange, frustrating and distressing
- Two drug dealers killed in Naogaon gunfight
- Former land minister Shamsur Rahman dies
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Kaptai
- Coronavirus test facilities in 5 hospitals
- Coronavirus claims 923 lives in Spain in a day
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Israeli health minister, wife contract COVID-19
- US coronavirus cases surpass 200,000, records deaths in a day
- Coronavirus: Death toll exceeds 47,000; infection over .9 million
- Army to go tough from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed