UGC to examine graft documents against JU VC: Dipu Moni
Published: 11:27 PM, 7 December 2019
The information and documents the government received about the graft allegation against the Jahangirnagar University VC will be submitted to the University Grants Commission (UGC) for taking necessary steps, said Education Minister DrDipu Moni on Saturday.
“We’re examining the information and documents submitted by teachers and students of the Jahangirnagar University who had been in a movement against VC Farzana Islam. We’ll submit those to the UGC which will take necessary steps after scrutinising those,” she said.
She made the remarks while addressing an event marking the 40th anniversary of Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) here at noon.
About Awami League council, she said qualified leaders will be picked in its next council as the party did in the past.
“The council will bring forth the leaders who are suitable for the present-day politics. We want the people of this country to have good leadership that will blend the experiences of the veterans with the courage and energy of the youth,” said Dipu Moni, also the joint general secretary of the ruling party.
Highlighting that the people of Bangladesh are living in peace and prosperity, the minister said the government has taken many initiatives to improve the quality of higher education in the country.
Dipu Moni distributed wheelchairs among people with disabilities at CRP during the function which was attended by the founder of the organization Valerie Ann Taylor.
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse