U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
Published: 08:22 PM, 12 September 2019
Bangladesh Under-19 Cricket team will play the Indian Under-19 team in the final of the eight-nation ACC U-19 Asia Cup at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Saturday.
Both India and Bangladesh advanced to the final of the Asian Youth meet by virtue of gaining higher points in their respective group stage matches as both the semifinals were washed out due to rain at two separate venues in Sri Lanka on Thursday.
In the day’s semifinals, Bangladesh was scheduled to play Afghanistan in Moratuwa while India was supposed to take on Sri Lank in Colombo. But both the semifinals were washed out without a single ball being bowled due to heavy downpour in the Island nation.
Bangladesh emerged champions in the four-team Group B with all-win record securing full 6 points from three matches.
On their way to the semifinals, the Young Tigers crushed the UAE by 6 wickets in their first match at Katunayake on Friday, beat Nepal also by 6 wickets in 2nd match at Colombo on Sunday and defeated Sri Lanka by 42 runs in last group match at Moratuwa on Tuesday.
On the other hand, Bangladesh’s rivals India also reached the final being the champions of four-team Group A also with all-win run securing full 6 points from three matches.
India beat Kuwait by 7 wickets in their first match at Colombo, crushed Pakistan by 60 runs in 2nd match at Moratuwa and defeated Afghanistan by 3 wickets in last group match at Colombo on Monday.
In their last five meetings against India, Bangladesh won only one match and conceded defeats in two matches. In the remaining two matches, one ended in no result and another was abandoned.
Bangladesh beat India by 2 wickets in the recently concluded Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament in England on July 30 while conceded defeats twice at the same event.
- BCB calls for emergency meeting of board of directors
- Best home remedies for gastritis
- Trudeau’s party win but set to lose majority
- Garment worker killed in Ashulia
- National Road Safety Day today
- Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus to play tonight
- Tigresses leave for Pakistan tomorrow
- CR-7 loves Sarri`s new-look Juventus
- Gov`t seeking Facebook data to identify Bhola culprits
- Class four schoolgirl ‘Hafeza’ in 2.11 yrs!
- Higher education opportunities in Saudi; how to apply?
- ‘Mrs’ Lawrence from Miss!
- Indo-Bangla Film Awards ceremony kicks off
- Different taste of `Cauliflower Roast`
- Apple launches ‘smart ring’!
- Primary books: Printing done by Nov 20
- 59 arrested in anti-drug drive
- National Road Safety Day tomorrow
- 2 Japanese aircraft carriers found, used in WW II
- Mysterious Witch`s Well
- WikiLeaks founder Assange appears confused at extradition hearing
- Bank transaction of Omar Faruq, his wife, children suspended
- Samrat took luggage-full cash to Singapore
- 4-day heritage handloom festival Wednesday
- No Bangladeshi players in ‘The Hundred’ tournament
- ‘Action if duty negligence found over Bhola incident’
- 232 held over disobeying Hilsha ban
- 4th grade govt job at Tk 10 lakh!
- Eight travel agency licenses revoked
- India govt announces parliament winter session from Nov 18
- All News »
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- A year of eternal journey leaving ‘Silver Guitar’
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Abrar’s brother leaves Dhaka College