U-15 boys’ team hopeful of better performance in UEFA
Published: 07:59 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 07:59 PM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Bangladesh national U-15 football team expressed high hope about doing well in the four-nation Union of European
Football Associations (UEFA) friendly tournament scheduled to be held from December 10-14 in Thailand.
Bangladesh will take on European rivals Cyprus in their very first match of the tourney. The Bangladesh team are expected to leave for Thailand on Saturday (December 8) at 2 pm to take part in the tournament.
Addressing at a pre-departure press conference held on Wednesday at the conference room of Bangladesh Football Federation Bhaban (BFF) Baban, Bangladesh skipper Mehedi Hasan said as the Maldives are comparatively an easier side in the tournament so they hope to win the match against them.
The captain at the same time also expressed his firm determination to notch victory over Sypris and host Thailand though the two teams are totally new opponents for them.
Bangladesh U-15 team’s trainer Mostafa Anwar Parvez Babu also echoed the same by saying that they would try to bring their best from the tournament, organized by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). Bangladesh U-15 boys’ team manager Amit Khan Shuvro, deputy head of delegation Mahidur Rahman Miraz and BFF general secretary Abu Nayeem Sohag were also present on the occasion.
The boys got little respite after winning the SAFF U15 Championship crown as the talented players have been going through a rigorous training camp at Bir Shreshtha Shaheed Sepoy Mohammad Mostafa Kamal Stadium focusing on improving their tactical skills and ability.
Under the UEFA assist mini tournament project, Bangladesh will take part in the competition in Project Buriram in Thailand.
The Thailand FA is organizing the tournament in collaboration with the UEFA which will feature the Thai team, one team from UEFA which is Cyprus and two teams from the AFC which are The Maldives and Bangladesh.
The teams will land in Thailand at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok and then take a one-hour bus ride to Don Meung Airport, Bangkok.
The venue of the tournament is Chang Arena, Buriram while the training ground is Chang Training Ground. The four participating teams will be accommodated in three hotels of the host town.
Then the boys in red and greens will face host Thailand on December 12 before playing their last match against the Maldives on December 14.
Bangladesh U-15 team squad: Mehedi Hasan, Maruf Ahmed, Nihat Jahan Ucchash, Raja Ansari, Touhidul
Islam, Rustom Islam Dukhu Mia, Rabiul Islam, Nazmul Ahmed, Al Amin, Ashikur Rahman, Helal Ahmed, Kamran Uddin Raju, Mehedi Hasan, Mitul Marma, Moinul Islam Moin, Rajon Hawlader, Rasel Ahmed, Ibne Ahad Shakil.
Officials: Bijon Borua ( head of delegation), Amit Khan Shuvro (team manager), Mohidur Rahman Miraj (deputy head of delegation), Mostafa Anwar Parvez (head coach), Mahbub Alom (assistant coach), Jahan E Alam Nury (assistant coach), Atiquazzaman (team’s doctor) and Khalid Mahmud ( media officer).
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Why lightning often strikes twice
- Nojibur terms SMEs as driving force of economy
- West Bengal-Uttar Pradesh will made Delhi’s `Throne`: Mamata
- Judicial probe into cops’ role in Nusrat murder
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Eid train tickets to be available at 6 spots: Minister
- AL’s joint meeting tomorrow
- `Nusrat killing could be avoided if action taken in prior cases`
- Severe monitoring over market in Ramadan: Tipu
- BAF holds Junior Command, Staff Course certificate ceremony
- PM donates Tk 35 lakh to actor Ahmad Sharif
- Advice to take Subir Nandi abroad
- Mannan calls for investment in solar energy
- Bangladesh, Brunei likely to sign 7 MoUs
- Destiny recovrerd Boishakhi TV’s ownership
- Sri Lanka announces WC squad, dump Chandimal
- 6.1-quake causes light damage in Taiwan capital, east coast
- Nusrat murder: Shamim put on 5-day remand
- Scientists discover 220 million-year-old dinosaur fossils
- Housewife burnt to death in Chattogram
- 3 doctors for 1.5 lakh people
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt now single, says judge
- NZ official hid camera in embassy toilet
- Suffering of cancer patients in Cumilla
- PM orders continued review of disaster preparedness steps
- Rajib’s death: report on May 22
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Bangladeshi man jailed in UK for murdering wife
- Youth killed in ambulance-covered van collision
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Messi rested for United as Barca draws 0-0 at Huesca
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Three robbers lynched in Feni
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- Nation set to celebrate Pahela Baishakh tomorrow
- Julian Assange faces five years in jail
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- 8 killed as bus falls into Joypurhat ditch
- Nusrat murder: ‘Shampa’ Poppy arrested
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- Autopsy of Nusrat completed, body handed over
- Jute mill workers go on 96-hour strike
- Messi coming to Dhaka
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Mild quake jolts Ctg, Bandarban
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Swecchasebok League leader found dead in Savar