Rifat died of six deep wounds: physician
Published: 06:51 PM, 27 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Rifat Sharif died of excessive bleeding from six deep wounds on his body, said the doctor of Sher-e-Bangla Medical College and Hospital (SBMCH).
On Thursday, Dr Jamil Hossain, an assistant professor of Surgery Department of SBMCH told this after autopsy.
“Especially, due to sharp weapon attack on the neck, his veins were severed that prompted his death. This resulted in so much bleeding, that in the meantime, Rifat died in a short time,” he also said.
The details will be confirmed in the autopsy report, the doctor said.
Earlier at around 11:00 am, SBMCH authorities formed a three-member committee led by Jamil Hossain, assistant professor of Surgery Department for the autopsy of the body.
The remaining two members are — Dr Maidul Hossain, lecturer of Forensic Medicine Department and Dr Soheli Akhtar Tanni.
Earlier, Rifat Sharif’s body was brought to SBMCH Hospital Mortuary at around 10:00 am. The autopsy going on from 11:10 am to 12:00 pm. After autopsy, relatives left Barishal to Barguna with Rifat Sharif’s body at 1:00 pm.
Meanwhile, Barishal Kotoali Model Thana SI Saidul Islam examined the body. Later, he confirmed the injury marks on the head, the right side of neck, the right side of the chest, left hand, and granny finger.
Rifat was hacked to death by Nayan Bond and his associates in front of Barguna Government College on Wednesday morning. Rifat was first brought to Barguna Sadar Hospital and later to Barisal Sher-E Bangla Medical College Hospital. There he died in the afternoon. CCTV footage of the murder went viral on Facebook. The police arrested one person in this incident.
- Rifat died of six deep wounds: physician
- Dustbin at hospital’s entrance
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- HM declares stern action against Rifat’s killers
- ‘Bangabandhu struggled whole life for two purposes’
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Issue alert on boarder: HC to IGP
- Rohit falls early as India bat first
- Hackers steal data from telecoms: cyber firm
- Rural women making own fortune in Rangpur region
- Temperature may fall further
- New Silex malware bricks 2000 plus IoT devices
- Deputy Attorney Generals appointed before 2017 asked to resign
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Rape accused killed in Sitakunda gunfight
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Mahbubur to die for killing Ranada Prasad Shaha
- How US aggressively flexed its cyber warfare powers under Trump
- US carried out cyberattacks on Iran: reports
- UN warns of telecom blackout cover for Myanmar military abuses
- Verdict on Ranada Prasad Shaha murder case today
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Young hacked to death for a hundred bucks
- Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
- Balakot air strikes planner new R&AW chief now
- Gayle confirms retirement plans are on hold
- Democrats seeks $4.5bn aid for boarder migrants
- Nusrat murder case: Death threat to witnesses
- Two youth electrocuted in Bogura
- Expatriate to jail praying bail
- All News »
- General Aziz - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Say Alhamdulillah
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Malaysia calls for ‘justice’ for Rohingyas
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Primary recruit exam: 6 held over fake question trafficking
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Heartbreaking photo of dead migrants stirs outrage