Two drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfight
Published: 12:33 PM, 14 December 2019
Two drug traders were killed in a gunfight with police on Saturday morning at the western hill of Rangikhali Gazipara in Teknaf Upazila of Cox’s Bazar. Five policemen, including an SI, were injured.
The deceased were — Md Sohel, son of Sabbir Ahmed of Rangikhali area and Md Amin Prakash Nur Hafez, an associate of Abdul Hakim Dakoit - son of Dil Mohammad, of Naya Bazar area.
The injured policemen — SI Kamruzzaman, ASI Sanjib Dutt, Mishkat Uddin, Constable Sikandar Ali and Mohiuddin.
RAB-7 detained listed yaba traders Nur Hafez, Sohel, Syed Noor and Kalu at 8:45 am on Friday night. During this, 8.10 lakh yaba, six weapons and 70 rounds of bullets were recovered from them, said Pradeep Kumar Das, officer-in-charge (OC) of Teknaf Model Police Station.
Later, police conducted a drive according to the statement given by them, he also said, “Sensing the presence of police, Abdul Alam and his associates started firing. During this, five policemen were injured. Police also fired back in self-defense. Nur Hafez and Sohel were shot in the middle of the two parties' gun battle.”
Later, injured Nur Hafez and Sohel were recovered with 95,000 yabas, six domestic LGs, 18 round fresh cartridges, 13 rounds empty shells from the spot. The injured policemen were sent to Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital for better treatment.
In this regard, Teknaf Model Police Station OC Pradeep Kumar Das said the doctors declared them dead when the injured were taken to the emergency department of Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital in the morning. “The bodies were kept in the morgue. The process of lodging a case is underway,” he added.
- NK Foreign Minister fired
- Drizzle likely in parts of country
- Cosmetics made with marijuana!
- Tigers Pak-tour homework begins today
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- 20 houses gutted in Ctg fire
- Verdict in CPB rally bomb attack case tomorrow
- Deadly virus’ outbreak in China, HSIA in high alert
- 60 Yemeni soldiers killed in Houthi missile attack
- Rohingya drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Man commits suicide killing 4 in Maulvibazar
- Bone-shaking winter again!
- 7 devotees die at 2nd phase Ijtema
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 2nd Phase Akheri Munajat today
- President asks NDC graduates to uphold forces image
- Kathbirali releases in Switzerland
- Traditional horse race in Madhupur
- US military dispatches over 70 trucks to Syria
- Woman crushed under train in Gopalganj
- Farmers worried of Boro cultivation
- Students to bear computers instead of books
- 10 pairs of marriage arranged Saturday at Ijtema
- World’s shortest man dies
- Bangladesh starts U-19s WC with win
- Wedelia can cure hair loss forever!
- 2 detained with yaba in Brahmanbaria
- Father killed 40 days innocent girl dropping into water
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- 7 snatcher detained in capital
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked