Two drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfight
Published: 09:24 AM, 22 March 2019 Updated: 10:41 AM, 22 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Two drug traders were killed in a gunfight with police at Teknaf Sadar UP near Rajarchara Hill in Cox's Bazar early Friday.
The deceased were identified as Nurul Amin, son of Abdul Shukkur of Jalia Parah of Teknaf Municipality and Nur Mohammad, son of Ezahar Miah of Nazir Parah of Sadar UP.
Police claimed that Nur Mohammad was an accused in 10 cases, including murder and narcotics, while Nurul Amin was accused in three cases.
Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Model Police Station, said police arrested Nur Mohammad and Nurul Amin from the upazila on Wednesday as both of them were wanted in a number of cases.
Later, a team of police along with the criminals conducted a drive in Rajarchhara area around 3:30 am to arrest the other criminals.
Sensing presence of the law enforcers, the criminals opened fire on police, forcing them to fire back in self-defence.
After the gunfight, police recovered bullet-hit Nurul Amin and Nur Mohammad. Later they were taken to Teknaf Health Complex where doctor declared them dead.
Five policemen were injured in the gunfight. They are - ASI Sanjeeb, Constable Al Amin, Saiful Islam, Ershadul and Sabir. 20,000 pieces of Yaba tablets, 8 local weapons and 20 cartridges were recovered from the spot.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc