Trump`s security adviser tests positive for COVID-19
Published: 07:03 AM, 28 July 2020
Robert O'Brien, US President Donald Trump's national security adviser, has tested positive for COVID-19, the White House confirmed Monday, Bloomberg News reported.
"He has mild symptoms and has been self-isolating and working from a secure location off site," the White House said in a statement. "The work of the National Security Council continues uninterrupted."
One source told Bloomberg that Mr O'Brien had been out of his office for a week and that the adviser had contracted the virus after a family event.
A running tally compiled by Johns Hopkins University counts over 4.2 million confirmed cases, and nearly 147,000 deaths. In all, the tally has recorded nearly 1.3 million recoveries.