Trump to drop Iran deal, says Macron
Published: 04:06 PM, 26 April 2018
French President Emmanuel Macron has said he may have failed in efforts to persuade Donald Trump to retain an international nuclear deal with Iran.
"My view is... that he will get rid of this deal on his own, for domestic reasons," Mr Macron said at the end of a three-day state visit to the US.
Mr Trump has until 12 May to decide on the deal, which aimed to prevent Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.
He has been a strong critic of the deal, calling it "insane".
Under the agreement, reached under Mr Trump`s predecessor Barack Obama, Iran agreed to mothball its nuclear programme in return for an easing of economic sanctions.
What did Macron say about the deal?
He had made changing the US president`s mind on Iran a top priority for his visit but ended up admitting there was a "big risk" Mr Trump would abandon the deal.
He agreed with Mr Trump that any deal should include a wider agreement on Iran`s influence in the Middle East and should cover the country`s nuclear activities longer term, as well as its ballistic missile programme.
He said he would work with Mr Trump to build a "new framework" in the Middle East - and especially in Syria.
- Cricketer Salma distributes food of whole week to 60 families
- Woman gives birth newborn in ‘autorickshaw’
- Little Messi’s amazing video
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- Ireland works on preparing graves in advance
- US Captain who raised alarm over coronavirus removed
- Body found in roadside ditch in Noakhali
- Coronavirus claims 950 lives in Spain 24 hrs
- Shakib to provide coronavirus testing kits
- 12 Bangladeshis infected with coronavirus in Germany
- Trump again tests negative for coronavirus
- Peacock walks on road sensing lockdown
- Record 5,968 deaths reported in 1 day
- France records 1,355 coronavirus deaths in a day
- Pollution cut results new stars from other galaxies in sky
- Third Bangladeshi dies of Coronavirus in Italy
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million