Tribute paid to Martyred Intellectuals in Rajshahi
Published: 06:32 PM, 14 December 2019 Updated: 06:37 PM, 14 December 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The people of Rajshahi observed the Martyred Intellectuals’ Day paying rich tribute to the martyred and demanding speedy completion of the trial process of the war-criminals, collaborators, and execution of all death-sentenced convicts.
Apart from national programs, different political parties, their front organizations, professional bodies, educational institutions, scores of socio-cultural, literary and volunteer organizations observed the day through various programs.
The day’s programs heralded with placing wreaths on Shaheed Minar.
Local units of Bangladesh Awami League and its alleged organizations placed wreaths at Rajshahi University Memorial Plaque, Bhuban Mohan Park Shaheed Minar and Rajshahi College Shaheed Minar, followed by brief discussion meetings highlighting the significance of the day.
Photo exhibition, public gathering, discussion meeting and lighting of the candle on the mass graves were other highlights of the day’s program.
The local unit of the Workers Party of Bangladesh arranged a candle lighting program at Bablaban’ mass-grave and placed wreaths on the memorial plaque.
Meanwhile, Rajshahi University observed the day through day-long programs which included placing wreaths on Shaheed Minar, discussion meeting, Milad mahfil and morning procession.
RU Vice-Chancellor (VC) Prof Abdus Sobhan, Pro-VCsProf Ananda Kumar Shaha and Prof Chowdhury Jakaria, Registrar, Prof Abdul Bari, Proctor Prof Lutfor Rahman and other teachers officers and students placed wreaths at the RU Central Shaheed Minar in the small hours.
In observance of the day, the splendid RU Shaheed Smrity Sangrahashala’ remained open today for the visitors.
Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET) and the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Rajshahi observed the day through almost similar programs.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack