Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
Published: 03:27 PM, 23 August 2019 Updated: 03:28 PM, 23 August 2019
Central Skin and Social Hygiene Centre is popularly known as American Hospital provide medical treatment and free medicine for the patients at Tk 5 only. The hospital is located in Agrabad, Chattogram.
However, the patients are not satisfied with the service. On the other hand, the doctors and concerned people are in a puzzle with additional patients.
The crowd started in the morning before opening the hospital gate. The numbers of female patients are more than male. The service is available from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm daily.
Currently, there are 23 health workers including 5 doctors in charge. There are three types of health testing at a low cost. 510 patients received services yesterday. Of these, 320 were women and 210 were men.
However, the patients said that doctors don’t observe the patient properly or do not give medicines. There is nothing but harassment.
Nurul Anwar, a young man came from the Gomdondi area of Boalkhali with skin problems expressed his anger over the service. “I used to hear the reputation of the hospital but there is no treatment here at all. The doctor prescribed the medicine without hearing about the disease,” he complained.
“There are only 5 doctors. There is a crowd of an average of 400 to 500 patients per day. The number of nurses is not sufficient. So it’s quite impossible for us to serve all the patients properly. Yet doctors are trying to do their best. Besides, the manpower is not enough. There is also lacking an office assistant. We don’t have any security guard; an office assistant has been given night duty,” said Medical Officer Dr Samira Jamal
She added that there are many limitations, including the lack of medical equipment.
Dr. Samira Jamal urged the authorities to increase the manpower. “Due to traditional reasons, the number of patients is huge. But the facilities didn’t increase in the meantime. The facilities, on the contrary, were diminishing. But considering the patient, more doctors need to be given here. It is important to increase other manpower as well,” she added.
Notably, the World Health Organization established the clinic in 1956. Initially, the clinic provided medical treatment to the people concerned with the port. Later, it opened for all. In the beginning, the clinic was served by foreign doctors. As a result, it became known as the American Hospital.
The Divisional Health Director controls the all administrative work of the hospital including manpower. However, medical materials including medicines are sent directly from the ministry.
After informing the manpower crisis, the Department Director (Health) Dr. Hasan Sahriar Kabir said that the crisis in Chattogram was relatively low compared to other districts of the division. “I have informed the authorities about the crisis. However, efforts are on to resolve the crisis,” he added.
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Tunisian ex-president Ben Ali dies at 83
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Myanmar should take back Rohingyas: PM
- Another Bangladesh in Kashmir
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Banca Monte: World’s oldest bank still operates
- PM to leave for New York tomorrow
- Passport office gets new DG
- ‘Smart Glass’ will replace Smartphone!
- Siddhirganj murder: Sensational info reveals
- Difficult diseases treatment without certificate
- ‘You’re Killing Me’ Ranveer to Deepika
- Drives carried out on secret info: HM
- Local brands dominate Dhaka Furniture Fair
- NRC will be done countrywide: Amit Shah
- Stitch in Aminul’s hand, uncertain for next match
- Preparations for AL’s next council underway: Quader
- Arms, Drugs and Money Laundering Act files against Khalid
- Jubo League leader Khalid handed over to Gulshan police
- 30 farmers killed in airstrike in eastern Afghanistan
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Water for refreshing face
- India on top of refugee provider list
- Twin baby die drinking milk
- Canadian court allows Bangladesh’s judicial review for Nur Chy’s info
- U-14 Academy Cup final tomorrow
- Netanyahu calls on Gantz to form a unity government together
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal