Treat me as a player: Mashrafe
Published: 03:40 PM, 4 January 2019 Updated: 04:00 PM, 4 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza is the discussed name in the sports arena for several months. In the 11th Parliamentary elections, he was elected MP by winning a huge margin.
But Masrafe always said that he prioritizes cricket over politics. and due to this, he held the separate press conference as a cricketer in Windies series and a politician.
After becoming MP, for the first time, Masrafe is getting on the field in BPL tournament. On Friday, the captain of the Rangpur Riders faced the reporters during the practice session. There he talked about the World Cup as well as the national team's future.
A reporter asked him how difficult it will be to play as an MP in the field. In response to such question, captain Masrafe said, “I am a player here, not as an MP. When I am in the field, treat me as a player. Hope you all understand this.”
When asked about the possible winning of Rangpur Riders in the BPL tournament, he replied, “When I was captain of Dhaka, I came to victorious. Hope this time we will be victorious. But, this team is much stronger than before.”
“But it cannot be said that whether we will become champion or not with this team. This is the T20 tournament. One or two players can change the whole match.”
“If you see the Nidhas trophy, then you saw that Mushfiq had made a huge difference in the match,” he also said.
Is the BPL going to help make the Tigers strong? In such question, Masrafe replied, “I do not think the BPL is very important for the World Cup, because the format is T20, and we have scored a few runs here, whereas in England, 350 runs can happen, and 320-330 runs is very normal.”
“But I think New Zealand series will play a very important role to make the team stronger in the World Cup,” captain Masrafe added.
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today