Trauma Center to ruin before open
Published: 05:30 PM, 28 February 2019 Updated: 05:35 PM, 28 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The Trauma Center established in 2014 situated in Bahubal of Habiganj beside Dhaka-Sylhet highway is not inaugurated yet. However, some parts of the building became broken down while windows and inner instruments are being damaged due to negligence.
The authority sources informed that, the government launched a project to develop 10 trauma centers on six national highways named ‘Physical Development Project’ aiming to provide rapid treatments to the road injured peoples. Accordingly, a three-storied building was established beside the Dhaka –Sylhet highway in Bahubal near upazila health complex. The cost was Tk3 crore and 18 lakh while its development became completed by 2014. Later the government arranged all the essential instruments but people remained deprived of service due to not appointing a single physician here.
Rahim Mia, an orthopedic patient to take service in Habiganj Adhunik Hospital said, "for the treatments, the orthopedic patients have to rush either to Dhaka or Sylhet. If the trauma center begins service, we will get rid of this extra pain (of journey)."
Oliur Rahman, a local said, “We could get proper treatment if the Trauma Center of Bahubal start service. Let the treatment service begin soon by inaugurating the hospital.” If any culprit remains behind the late, they should be brought under punishment, he also demands.
Habiganj Public Works Division executive engineer Saad Mohammad Andalib said that the health department is not showing interest to accept the building. If the Health Department want it officially, it is ready to transfer right now.
Habiganj Civil Surgeon Dr. Sucinta Roy Chowdhury exclaimed, “Will I break the lock and enter the building?” Due to the complexity of the Public Works Department, the building could not be handed over. We are ready to take, he also said.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies