Trauma Center to ruin before open
Published: 05:30 PM, 28 February 2019 Updated: 05:35 PM, 28 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The Trauma Center established in 2014 situated in Bahubal of Habiganj beside Dhaka-Sylhet highway is not inaugurated yet. However, some parts of the building became broken down while windows and inner instruments are being damaged due to negligence.
The authority sources informed that, the government launched a project to develop 10 trauma centers on six national highways named ‘Physical Development Project’ aiming to provide rapid treatments to the road injured peoples. Accordingly, a three-storied building was established beside the Dhaka –Sylhet highway in Bahubal near upazila health complex. The cost was Tk3 crore and 18 lakh while its development became completed by 2014. Later the government arranged all the essential instruments but people remained deprived of service due to not appointing a single physician here.
Rahim Mia, an orthopedic patient to take service in Habiganj Adhunik Hospital said, "for the treatments, the orthopedic patients have to rush either to Dhaka or Sylhet. If the trauma center begins service, we will get rid of this extra pain (of journey)."
Oliur Rahman, a local said, “We could get proper treatment if the Trauma Center of Bahubal start service. Let the treatment service begin soon by inaugurating the hospital.” If any culprit remains behind the late, they should be brought under punishment, he also demands.
Habiganj Public Works Division executive engineer Saad Mohammad Andalib said that the health department is not showing interest to accept the building. If the Health Department want it officially, it is ready to transfer right now.
Habiganj Civil Surgeon Dr. Sucinta Roy Chowdhury exclaimed, “Will I break the lock and enter the building?” Due to the complexity of the Public Works Department, the building could not be handed over. We are ready to take, he also said.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar