Train collision in Brahmanbaria; 8 identified
Published: 10:39 AM, 12 November 2019 Updated: 01:32 PM, 12 November 2019
Eight people of 16 - who were killed in a fatal collision of two trains on Dhaka-Chattogram route in Mandbagh railway station under Kasba Upazila of Brahmanbaria - were identified.
Members of the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) identified the victims by taking their fingerprints.
The deceased were identified as Al-Amin, son of Ayub Hossain of Madanamorad area of Baniachong Upazila of Habiganj; Ali Mohammad Yusuf, son of Md Hassan of Anwarpur area; Sujan, resident of of Pirergaon area of Charanaughat Upazila; Yasin and Zahida Khatun of Habiganj; Mojibur Rahman, his wife Kulsuma, and their child Adiba of Rajgaon area of Hajiganj Upazila of Chandpur.
The deadly collision took place at around 2:45 am on Dhaka-Chattogram route in Mandbagh Railway Station crossing. So far, 15 people have died and over 100 others injured in the deadly accident. The figure of the dead may go up further.
Zakir Hossain Chowdhury, Station Master of Mandbagh Railway Station said that Dhaka-bound Turna Nishita from Chattogram hit Chattogram-bound Udayan Express from Sylhet while the Chattogram bound intercity train was changing its track at the station.
The injured were taken to hospitals in Kosba, Akhaura and Zila Sadar Hospital.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack