Traffic jam on Everest, shoving kills 7
Published: 03:10 PM, 25 May 2019
Traffic jam hit the world's highest Mount Everest this year. Severe crisis was risen there due to lot of people was climbing together. More than three mountaineers have died recently due to the excessive crowd. So far7 climbers died on Everest's chest in a week last.
The number of dead was not so much as the number of deaths of the climbers in the Everest last week, British media BBC said.
The three climbers died on the way to down from the Everest on Thursday. Two of the dead climbers were from India and an Austrian. The deceased were - Kalpana Das (52) and Nihal Bagwan (27) of India. The identity of the 65-year-old Austrian citizen has not been confirmed yet.
According to the BBC, the climbers have died due to heavy oxygen crisis in the top of Mount Everest. Local organizer Keshab Poudel told AFP that they were stuck on the top of Mount Everest for about 12 hours. Then they become tired and their physical condition deteriorated.
This season, the maximum number of climbers have officially applied for the Everest. Nepal has already allowed 381 climbers. It is estimated that the number of mountaineers on Mount Everest can be broken record this year. Last year 807 people climbed Mount Everest. To reach Everest, a mountaineer costs about 9 lakh 27 thousand taka.
Earlier on Wednesday, an Indian and a US citizen lost their lives on the world's highest peak. On May 16, an Irish professor died the same way. Last year, five climbers died on Mount Everest.
Experts say the number of mountaineers who want to get to Mount Everest should be controlled as the number of incidents is increasing every year. Last year, British television presenter Ben Fogle, who won the Everest, advised to launch a lottery system to allow for Everest climbing!
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today