Traffic direction for Dhaka bound vehicles on Dec 16
Published: 10:07 PM, 14 December 2019
On the occasion of the Great Victory Day, vehicles movement in and around the capital will be controlled especially on the streets adjacent to the National Parade Square on December 16, Monday.
According to the DMP, the VVIP, VIP and invited guests will travel to the Savar National Memorial via Amin Bazar in Dhaka on the occasion of the Great Victory Day on the 16th of December from 4:30 am.
On this occasion, large vehicles including minibus, trucks and lorries aere requested to avoid the Gabtali Amin Bazar Bridge-Savar Road and advised to use Dhaka Airport Road-Abdullahpur Crossing Ashulia Road instead.
According to the DMP, similarly, the driver/car user to Dhaka car from Aricha via Amina Bazar was requested to enter Dhaka from Nabinagar Bazar via Ashulia. Apart from this, it is advisable to the vehicles from Tangail road, and reach Dhaka via Kaliakir-Gazipur intersection crossing Ashulia.
On this occasion, Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) gave some instructions. It said that the combined parade would be held at the national parade square. During the program, the movement of vehicles will be regulated in the area adjacent to the Parade Square.
All the vehicles except invited guests and sticker vehicles are advised to use alternative roads (DMPs), avoiding some of the capital's roads from 5:30 am to 1pm.
The routes are: Khejur Bagan crossing-Aeroplane crossing; Rokeya Smarani–Mirpur 10 roundabout; Shyamoli Shishu Mela crossing-Agargaon light crossing-Rokeya Shoroni; Prime Minister’s Office-Agargaon Link Road; Bijoy Shoroni crossing-Aeroplane crossing; Crescent Lake-Ganabhaban crossing; and Ministry of Defence-Planning Commission-BICC crossing.
Guests invited to observe the national parade have been asked to attach stickers provided with their invitation letters on the windscreen of their vehicles.
The guests have also been advised to use the routes and park their vehicles at the designated places mentioned on their invitation cards for attending the parade ceremony.
- Four poppy fields destroyed in Bandarban
- Sportsman of the year Ruman Sana, Cricketer Shakib
- Continuity of government made Bangladesh’s uplift visible: PM
- Jr Tigers becomes ‘C’ group champion
- Volleyball tournament in Sherpur on Mujib Year
- Trump to sign US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- China shut down 13 cities as virus toll climbs
- Thai Exim Bank, JBIC keen to invest Bangladesh sugar mills
- Main accused of Sabujbagh child-rape case arrested
- What Mahmudullah said after losing to Pakistan
- UK welcomes ICJ ruling, asks Myanmar to comply
- ‘Dwitiyo Purush’ expected to release in Bangladesh
- ‘Occupied playground will be restored’
- Technical education to be compulsory
- Woman dies wrapping warm-clothes with auto
- ICJ’s verdict important: Nasima Begum
- `Steps will be taken to increase onion production`
- Merchant killed in Bogura, 1 arrested
- Cricket tournament in Meherpur on Mujib Year
- Elderly Body found in Sylhet
- Mimi got stuck in oil ad
- USA crackdown visas for pregnant foreigners
- 3 drug dealers fined in Mujibnagar
- Man dies fallen from petrol pump roof in Ashulia
- Bangladesh starts Pakistan tour with loss
- BNP, the worst opposition party: Quader
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- DU to host special convocation for Bangabandhu Sep 5
- Katrina, Vicky chill together
- Anti-US demonstration protest in Iraq
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- E-passport to be launched today
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack