Traders commit to keep price stable during Ramadan
Published: 06:18 PM, 27 April 2019
Leaders of Rangpur Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) and common traders today committed to do their best for keeping prices of essentials stable during the holy month of Ramadan.
They especially sought cooperation of the government and local administration to ensure smooth supply of the essentials commodities.
Leaders of different trade bodies, importers, whole sellers and retailers said this at a views-exchange meeting organized by RCCI at its board room to check unwarranted price hike during Ramadan.
Acting RCCI President Mostoba Hossain Ripon presided over the meeting that also decided to reduce difference between whole sale and retail prices and exhibit price lists in all outlets, selling centers and shops.
Director of RCCI Zulfiqar Aziz Khan Bhutto, General Secretary of Nababganj Bazar Traders’ Association Akbar Ali, edible oil trader Azizul Islam Mukul, pulse trader Alhaj Sadek Hossain Munna, sugar importer Alhaj Moyen Uddin, president of district Hotel and Restaurant Owners’ Association Abdul Mazid Khokan, president of Rangpur Fruits Traders’ Association Abul Hossain, president of City Meat Traders’ Association Abdul Quader, Assistant General Secretary of City Bazar Traders’ Association Moniruzzaman Monir, among others, attended the meeting.
The traders urged authorities to ensure congenial environment for smooth import and transportation of essentials commodities, stop harassments and check toll collections for keeping prices of essentials commodities stable.
The meat traders, however, apprehended little fluctuation in market prices of meat following drastic fall in importing cattle-heads from the neighbouring country.
The Acting RCCI President said there are adequate stocks of essential commodities in the country. So, there is no reason to go the prices beyond the purchasing capacity of the consumers.
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held