Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
Published: 10:31 PM, 18 August 2019 Updated: 10:31 PM, 18 August 2019
Tourists and locals have expressed their anger as the situation of Teknaf beach located in Cox's Bazar is not good. Carcasses are found here and there on the beach. It seems almost impossible to survive there for tourists and locals due to ill-smelling and pollution.
The first-hand source reported on Sunday that the carcasses were found lying between the Geo bag and the block. Half a kilometer away, two more carcasses are lying in the Tulatoli and Lambori areas. This is not the end here. There is coir, packets, plastics spread on various beaches.
A cattle trader said, “Some cows died this year when they were brought from Myanmar. On Saturday 33 cows died in a trawler. Traveler workers dumped those cows into the sea.”
Local residents said that the animals were brought by boat from Myanmar before the Eid. They dumped the dead animals in the sea. Those beasts floated on the beach.
Monirul Islam, a manager of a private bank in Dhaka said, “I came to Teknaf for the fourth time. It is always a matter of pleasure for me to visit the beach but this time the situation is totally different. We can’t stay in any place on the beach due to ill-smelling.”
People at the beach said that garbage in the surrounding shops was dumped on the beach. The fishermen clean the nets on the beach. Dead fish trapped in a net are dumped on the shelf. The fish also caused ill-smelling.
Abdur Rashid, a fisherman at Moheshkhaliapara point of the beach said that after catching fish I clean the crabs and fishes caught in the net. Dogs eat some of the parts of the fish and the rest are swamped by the tide. So there is no reason to put it away.
The fishermen acknowledged that the ill-smelling caused by the fish being dumped on the beach.
Cox's Bazar Forest and Environmental Protection Council President Deepak Sharma Dipu said, “The dead bodies of animals are thus a threat to public health. The germs can spread from these bodies. It is important to grave these bodies on the ground.”
UNO Rabiul Hasan said that steps were being taken to grave all the bodies on the ground.
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?