`Tough programmes needed for Khaleda’s release`
Published: 11:05 PM, 9 August 2019
BNP senior leader Gayeshwar Chandra Roy on Friday said it is not possible to force the government to free their leader Khaleda Zia from jail with soft and indoor political programmes.
“Social organisations usually stage human-chain and black-flag programmes to register their protest against misdeeds. Is it enough to form human chains with a demand for the release of a political leader? There’s no reason to keep the political party’s way of protest to it (human chain), he said.
Speaking at a discussion Dhaka, the BNP leader further said, “We won’t be able to free Khaleda Zia with only peaceful and indoor programmes. Sheikh Hasina won’t release Khaleda Zia until BNP can wage a strong movement using its capability.”
Aparajeyo Bangladesh arranged the programme on dengue situation at the Jatiya Press Club.
Gayeshwar Chandra, a BNP standing committee member, urged the leaders and activists of their party to get ready for waging movement to have Khaleda freed from jail.
“Our party will surely call a movement. We’ll have to take to the streets, even the party doesn’t come up with such a call,” he added.
The BNP leader said a fresh and credible election is a must for the restoration of a democratic governing system. “We must ensure the fall of the current regime to pave the way for a free and fair election.”
About the dengue outbreak, Gayeshwar said the government and the two city corporations have miserably failed to tackle the dengue situation.
“The dengue situation wouldn’t have worsened that much had the government taken proper actions in due time,” he added.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing