Top Swedish DJ Avicii found dead at 28
Published: 02:01 PM, 21 April 2018
Swedish DJ Avicii, one of the world`s biggest dance music stars, has died in Muscat, Oman, on Friday. He was 28.
In a statement, his representative said, "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii."
"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time," he added.
No more details about the death were provided. Oman police and state media had no immediate report late Friday night on the artist`s death.
Avicii`s club anthems include Wake Me Up, Levels, and recently, Lonely Together with Rita Ora.
The electronic dance music (EDM) star, who reportedly made $250,000 (£180,000) a night on tour, had struggled with some health issues in the past, having his gall bladder and appendix removed in 2014.
Avicii, the Grammy-nominated electronic dance DJ who performed sold-out concerts for feverish fans around the world and also had huge success on US pop radio, announced his retirement from touring in 2016, partly because of the health problems.
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges