Top 10 most popular cocktail recipes
Published: 01:52 PM, 24 February 2019
A classic cocktail is a thing of beauty. Whether you like something delicate and floral, sweet and fruity or strong and bitter, there's a drink for you. Discover our most popular recipes, our insider tips, and mixology tricks to create the very best cocktails at home. Crack open the cocktail cabinet, dust off the martini glasses and get some friends over for a round of truly spectacular tipples. Get even more inspiration for cocktails and drinks, how-to guides and advice from drinks experts with our recipe hub.
A minty mojito is the perfect drink for a hot summer's afternoon. Mix together some white rum, sugar, zesty lime and cooling soda water for a winning drink no-one will turn down. Learn the bartender's tricks for making the best mojito, like choosing rum and muddling ingredients. We guarantee a single sip of this latin-inspired tipple will transport you to a sun-drenched beach. Get that holiday feeling with our six mojitos you can make in minutes.
For coffee lovers everywhere, the espresso martini is the caffeinated cocktail of choice. Use freshly brewed espresso and a dash of coffee liqueur for a real flavour hit. This sophisticated drink, with its distinctive, frothy top layer, is sure to impress. If you don't have a martini glass to hand, try our reverse espresso martini with a splash of Baileys and espresso.
It wouldn't be British summertime without a glass of fruity Pimm's punch. Make a pitcher for your next gathering with friends, and add plenty of mint leaves, cucumber, orange and strawberries for a fruitier flavor. Turn this sensational summer cup into a Pimm's slushie to keep everyone cool or add a splash of juice and a sprinkling of seeds to make our pomegranate Pimm's. Check out our guide on how to make perfect Pimm's and our 7 new ways with Pimm's for cakes, bakes and iced Pimm's lollies.
4. Passion fruit martini
Celebrate in style with our prosecco-based passion fruit martini. Break out the cocktail shaker and combine passion fruit pulp with vodka, passoa, (a fruity passion fruit liqueur), lime juice and a simple sugar syrup. Serve in a swanky martini glass and top with half a passion fruit. This impressive looking cocktail is simple to make, so you can look like an expert with minimal effort.
5. Piña colada
Try a taste of the tropical with our fun and fruity piña colada. This irresistible blend of creamy coconut, smooth white rum and tangy pineapple is a retro classic for a reason, and is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. Garnish with as many kitsch umbrellas, colourful straws and pineapple slices as you can. Fancy something a little lighter? Try our crystal colada with coconut water and Brazilian cachaca.
6. Frozen strawberry daiquiri
Our frozen strawberry daiquiri uses just four ingredients and can be made in a blender. Use the plumpest, ripest strawberries you can find for a sweeter flavour. Try our other frozen cocktail recipes for twists on your favourites and ultra-modern thirst quenchers. Need a helping hand? Watch our tutorial and learn how to make our easiest ever frozen strawberry daiquiri.
7. Rum punch
Our classic Caribbean rum punch is our favourite weekend treat. Combine delicious sweet and sour flavours with golden rum and fresh juice to create this sunshine-striped tipple. We recommend using a good-quality golden or dark rum to give your drink complexity and a spiced mellowness. Read our review of the best rum – taste tested to stock up on the best bottles available.Try our best ever rum cocktails for even more drinks, from a spicy dark and stormy to a fruity colada.
A cosmopolitan is the perfect balance of sweet and sour flavours, with a deliciously fresh hint of citrus. The recipe is easily adapted if you fancy a twist, too – add a splash of champagne to your finished cocktail, or try replacing the vodka with tequila if you're a fan. Serve in the obligatory martini glass and let the good times roll!
Dark and delicious, the classic negroni has just three key ingredients and is a staple on all good cocktail menus. Simply mix together equal parts gin, vermouth and campari for a boozy taste sensation. This punchy, slightly bitter drink is our ideal dinnertime aperativo. Feeling daring? Try one of our delicious variations, like our softer sherry negroni or a prosecco-topped negroni sbagliato.
10. Aperol spritz
Yet again, the Italians are topping the cocktail menu. Get a taste of warmer months with a classic Aperol spritz. You're just three simple ingredients away from sunshine in a glass, so it's no wonder that this is our tipple of choice when summer rolls around. Our easy, refreshing recipe is one everyone can master. Simply top up your Aperol with a splash of prosecco and soda to your taste.
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- Youth killed in Lakshmipur gunfight
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing