Top 10 most popular cocktail recipes
Published: 01:52 PM, 24 February 2019
A classic cocktail is a thing of beauty. Whether you like something delicate and floral, sweet and fruity or strong and bitter, there's a drink for you. Discover our most popular recipes, our insider tips, and mixology tricks to create the very best cocktails at home. Crack open the cocktail cabinet, dust off the martini glasses and get some friends over for a round of truly spectacular tipples. Get even more inspiration for cocktails and drinks, how-to guides and advice from drinks experts with our recipe hub.
A minty mojito is the perfect drink for a hot summer's afternoon. Mix together some white rum, sugar, zesty lime and cooling soda water for a winning drink no-one will turn down. Learn the bartender's tricks for making the best mojito, like choosing rum and muddling ingredients. We guarantee a single sip of this latin-inspired tipple will transport you to a sun-drenched beach. Get that holiday feeling with our six mojitos you can make in minutes.
For coffee lovers everywhere, the espresso martini is the caffeinated cocktail of choice. Use freshly brewed espresso and a dash of coffee liqueur for a real flavour hit. This sophisticated drink, with its distinctive, frothy top layer, is sure to impress. If you don't have a martini glass to hand, try our reverse espresso martini with a splash of Baileys and espresso.
It wouldn't be British summertime without a glass of fruity Pimm's punch. Make a pitcher for your next gathering with friends, and add plenty of mint leaves, cucumber, orange and strawberries for a fruitier flavor. Turn this sensational summer cup into a Pimm's slushie to keep everyone cool or add a splash of juice and a sprinkling of seeds to make our pomegranate Pimm's. Check out our guide on how to make perfect Pimm's and our 7 new ways with Pimm's for cakes, bakes and iced Pimm's lollies.
4. Passion fruit martini
Celebrate in style with our prosecco-based passion fruit martini. Break out the cocktail shaker and combine passion fruit pulp with vodka, passoa, (a fruity passion fruit liqueur), lime juice and a simple sugar syrup. Serve in a swanky martini glass and top with half a passion fruit. This impressive looking cocktail is simple to make, so you can look like an expert with minimal effort.
5. Piña colada
Try a taste of the tropical with our fun and fruity piña colada. This irresistible blend of creamy coconut, smooth white rum and tangy pineapple is a retro classic for a reason, and is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. Garnish with as many kitsch umbrellas, colourful straws and pineapple slices as you can. Fancy something a little lighter? Try our crystal colada with coconut water and Brazilian cachaca.
6. Frozen strawberry daiquiri
Our frozen strawberry daiquiri uses just four ingredients and can be made in a blender. Use the plumpest, ripest strawberries you can find for a sweeter flavour. Try our other frozen cocktail recipes for twists on your favourites and ultra-modern thirst quenchers. Need a helping hand? Watch our tutorial and learn how to make our easiest ever frozen strawberry daiquiri.
7. Rum punch
Our classic Caribbean rum punch is our favourite weekend treat. Combine delicious sweet and sour flavours with golden rum and fresh juice to create this sunshine-striped tipple. We recommend using a good-quality golden or dark rum to give your drink complexity and a spiced mellowness. Read our review of the best rum – taste tested to stock up on the best bottles available.Try our best ever rum cocktails for even more drinks, from a spicy dark and stormy to a fruity colada.
A cosmopolitan is the perfect balance of sweet and sour flavours, with a deliciously fresh hint of citrus. The recipe is easily adapted if you fancy a twist, too – add a splash of champagne to your finished cocktail, or try replacing the vodka with tequila if you're a fan. Serve in the obligatory martini glass and let the good times roll!
Dark and delicious, the classic negroni has just three key ingredients and is a staple on all good cocktail menus. Simply mix together equal parts gin, vermouth and campari for a boozy taste sensation. This punchy, slightly bitter drink is our ideal dinnertime aperativo. Feeling daring? Try one of our delicious variations, like our softer sherry negroni or a prosecco-topped negroni sbagliato.
10. Aperol spritz
Yet again, the Italians are topping the cocktail menu. Get a taste of warmer months with a classic Aperol spritz. You're just three simple ingredients away from sunshine in a glass, so it's no wonder that this is our tipple of choice when summer rolls around. Our easy, refreshing recipe is one everyone can master. Simply top up your Aperol with a splash of prosecco and soda to your taste.
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day