Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
Published: 01:33 PM, 15 May 2019 Updated: 03:09 PM, 15 May 2019
A budget of Tk 76 lakh needed for testing 1064 water samples of Dhaka Wasa. The information said in a report of the Ministry of Public Administration.
On Wednesday, a report was submitted to the High Court bench headed by Justice JBM Hasan. The hearing will be held on Thursday to decide the matter.
Earlier on Monday, the High Court has expressed dissatisfaction at Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (Wasa) for not complying with its order to examine water in different areas of Dhaka and did not submit the report in seven months.
In the meantime, the court has ordered the local government ministry to submit its report on how much the money will cost in WASA’s water test.
Expressing dissatisfaction, the court said that 22 bottles of water from 11 zones in Dhaka are needed for the water test. “How much money the committee needs for testing 22 bottles of water,” the court questioned.
Meanwhile, instead of submitting the water test report during the hearing, the local government ministry submitted a progress report to the High Court.
In the report, the procedure for the water testing committee and the procedure of the committee was highlighted. Along with this, WASA is divided into 11 zones and water testing is said in the report.
It is also mentioned in the report that if the funding is available then the water test report will be available within four months.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20