Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget
Published: 10:55 PM, 13 June 2019
The government has allocated Tk 2,02,721 crore as Annual Development Program (ADP) outlay in the proposed national budget for FY20 giving highest priority to the transport sector.
“Regional parity, human resource development, infrastructural development and quality of expenditure have been given priority in the allocation for the annual development program,” said Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal while placing his maiden national budget in parliament on Thursday.
Kamal, in his budget speech, said he proposed to allocate, from the annual development program, ‘27.4 percent for human resource’ (education, health and related others), ‘21.5 percent for the overall agriculture sector’ (agriculture, rural development, water resources, and related others), ‘13.8 percent for power and energy sector’, ‘26 percent for communication’ (roads, rails, bridges, and related other communications) and ‘11.3 percent for other sectors’.
Earlier, the National Economic Council (NEC) in a meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair approved a Tk 2,02,721 crore Annual Development Program (ADP) outlay for the next fiscal.
In terms of sector-wise allocation, the transport sector received the highest ADP allocation of Tk 52,806 crore or 26.05 percent of the original ADP.
The Transport sector was followed by power sector with Tk 26,017 crore or 12.83 percent of original ADP while Tk 24,324 crore or 12 percent of the original ADP was proposed for physical planning, water supply and housing sector.
Out of the original ADP size, Tk 1,30,921 crore will come from the government’s own resources while the remaining Tk 71,800 crore from project assistance.
However, incorporating the autonomous bodies and corporation’s own fund of Tk 12,392.73 crore, the overall ADP size reached Tk 2,15,113.73 crore.
The new ADP for FY20 has some 1,475 projects including 1,358 investment projects, 116 technical assistance projects and one project from the Japan Debt Cancellation Fund (JFCF).
Besides, there are some 89 projects which would be implemented by autonomous bodies and corporations. Earlier on May 8, the draft ADP size was finalized at an extended meeting of the Planning Commission with Planning Minister MA Mannan in the chair.
The ADP size for the next fiscal year is 17.18 percent higher than the original ADP size of Tk 1,73,000 crore for the current fiscal year (FY19).
However, the revised ADP for the current fiscal year came down to Tk 1,67,000 crore. Besides, the education and religious sector received an allocation of Tk 21,379 crore (10.55 percent of original ADP), Science and ICT sector with Tk 17,541 crore (8.65 percent of original ADP), rural development and rural institution sector Tk 15,157 crore (7.48 percent of original ADP), health, nutrition, population and family welfare sector Tk 13,055 crore (6.44 percent of original ADP), agriculture sector Tk 7,616
crore (3.76 percent of original ADP), water resources sector Tk 5,653 crore (2.79 percent of original ADP), public administration sector Tk 5,024 crore (2.48 percent of original ADP).
According to the Ministry-wise allocation, the Local Government Division got the highest allocation of Tk 29,777 crore followed by the Power Division with Tk 26,014 crore, Road Transport and Highways Division with Tk 25,163 crore, Science and Technology Ministry with Tk 15,908 crore, Railways Ministry with Tk 12,599 crore, Health Services Division with Tk 9,936 crore, Primary and Mass Education Ministry with Tk 9,270 crore, Secondary and Higher Education Division with Tk 8,927 crore, Bridges Division with Tk 8,561 crore and Water Resources Ministry with Tk 6,257 crore.
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Humanity for animal !
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case