Tk 202,721cr ADP approved
Published: 03:56 PM, 21 May 2019 Updated: 03:56 PM, 21 May 2019
A Tk 2,02,721 crore Annual Development Programme (ADP) outlay was approved for the next fiscal giving highest priority to the transport sector.
The National Economic Council (NEC) on Tuesday approved this in a meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair at the NEC conference room at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar area in the capital.
“In terms of sector-wise allocation, the transport sector received the highest ADP allocation of Tk 52,806 crore or 26.05 percent of the original ADP,” Planning Minister MA Mannan told a media briefing emerging from the meeting.
He added that the sector was followed by power sector with Taka 26,017 crore or 12.83 percent of original ADP while Taka 24,324 crore or 12 percent of the original ADP was proposed for physical planning, water supply and housing sector.
Mannan said out of the original ADP size, Taka 1,30,921 crore will come from the government’s own resources while the remaining Taka 71,800 crore from project assistance.
However, incorporating the autonomous bodies and corporation’s own fund of Taka 12,392.73 crore, the overall ADP size reached Taka 2,15,113.73 crore.
The new ADP for FY20 has some 1,475 projects including 1,358 investment projects, 116 technical assistance projects and one project from the Japan Debt Cancellation Fund (JFCF).
Besides, there are some 89 projects which would be implemented by autonomous bodies and corporations.
Earlier on May 8, the draft ADP size was finalised at an extended meeting of the Planning Commission with Planning Minister MA Mannan in the chair.
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held