Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
Published: 09:39 PM, 17 June 2019 Updated: 09:52 PM, 17 June 2019
The supplementary budget of Tk 15 thousand 166 crore 18 lakh and 54 thousand has been passed for the current fiscal year.
On Monday, parliamentary leader Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on behalf of the finance minister proposed and raised to pass a supplementary budget for the year 2018-2019, passed it in the voice.
Through this budget pass, the parliament has allowed 37 ministries and divisions to spend an additional 15 thousand 166 crore 18 lakh 54 thousand taka. Of them, allocation of about two and a half thousand crore taka has been approved for the Election Commission Secretariat.
Under the chairmanship of Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury, 58 grants were submitted for the approval of the supplementary budget in the parliament session. Among these claims, discussions on the 4-point pruning proposal were deliberated.
Among all the approved 37 ministries and divisions under the supplementary budget, the maximum allowance of Taka 2,447 crore, 88 lakha and 23 thousands has been approved for the election commission (EC) Secretariat. Then the Ministry of Defense. An additional allocation of Tk. 1 thousand, 604 crore 64 lakh 78 thousand has been given in this sector.
Besides, other ministries and divisions allocated more than Tk 1thousand crore are including the Local Government Division, Tk 1,542 crore 84 lakhs, 59 thousand, Power sector, Tk1,276,crore 79 lakhs and 44 thousand, and Ministry of Housing and Public Works Tk1,182 crore 93 lakh 56 thousand.
According to constitutional rules, the ministries or departments could not spend the budget allocation money, there is no need for parliamentary approval for their reduced allocation. But all the ministries or divisions that have incurred additional expenses only need parliament's permission. In view of this, the supplementary budget is passed in Parliament. For the current fiscal year, the budget of 4 lakh 64 thousand 573 crore was passed, but at the end of the year, the budget stood at Tk 4 lakhs 42 thusands and 541 crore.
Meanwhile, 217 pruning proposals have been proposed for the total 58 demands on supplementary budget in the parliament session. Jatiya Party's Kazi Firoz Rashid Fakhrul Imam, Liakat Hossain Khoka, Pir Fazlur Rahman, Md. Rustam Ali Farazi and Rowshan Ara Mannan and BNP’s Haroon-ur-Rashid and Mokubir Khan of Ganoforam took part in the discussion on pruning proposal. They demanded not to allocate supplementary budget as well as criticize of various ministries.
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death