Tips to Stay Healthy in the Winter Season
Published: 03:33 PM, 29 December 2017 Updated: 07:32 PM, 1 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Winter is the season of coughs, colds, and flu and for some of us, we gain weight. It is important to make sure to stay on top of your diet and keep yourself furnish.
So you have to attach to a healthy diet that prevents you from picking up winter illness. But if you become ill, a nutritious diet can help you to speed up your recovery.
During winter, it seems harder to stick into healthy lifestyles such as eating plenty of fruit and vegetable. As the production of seasonal fruit and vegetables are declined at this time of year, but there are still some ways that you can look at your diet and your heart health
Here are some tips to bolster your body’s immune system in the winter season.
Drink the optimal amount of water
With the winter season here, it’s more important to consume the right amount of water for your health.
Keep your stress to a minimum
Studies have suggested that taking high stress is the susceptible reason to catch colds and flu. Minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job. Aim for at least one night per week to spend with friends and family.
Eat a healthy diet
Managing a good healthy diet with full of fresh fruits and vegetables is another way to keep your body clean and in good working order. Try to eat an extra piece of fruit or veggie every day too.
It is important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! Get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather
Get the right amount of sleep in every night
The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is like the fuel that recharges your batteries.
Wash your hands regularly
To keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands, mouth, and eyes, you have to wash your hands regularly. Always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by where you can’t get to soap and water.
Smoking significantly weakens your immune system. So quitting smoking can maintain your health’s immune system intake. So STOP SMOKING!
These are just some of the simple tips that you can do to strengthen your body’s immune system so that you can stay healthy and well in the winter season
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- World Mosquito Day today
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon