Tips to Stay Healthy in the Winter Season
Published: 03:33 PM, 29 December 2017 Updated: 07:32 PM, 1 January 2018
Winter is the season of coughs, colds, and flu and for some of us, we gain weight. It is important to make sure to stay on top of your diet and keep yourself furnish.
So you have to attach to a healthy diet that prevents you from picking up winter illness. But if you become ill, a nutritious diet can help you to speed up your recovery.
During winter, it seems harder to stick into healthy lifestyles such as eating plenty of fruit and vegetable. As the production of seasonal fruit and vegetables are declined at this time of year, but there are still some ways that you can look at your diet and your heart health
Here are some tips to bolster your body’s immune system in the winter season.
Drink the optimal amount of water
With the winter season here, it’s more important to consume the right amount of water for your health.
Keep your stress to a minimum
Studies have suggested that taking high stress is the susceptible reason to catch colds and flu. Minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job. Aim for at least one night per week to spend with friends and family.
Eat a healthy diet
Managing a good healthy diet with full of fresh fruits and vegetables is another way to keep your body clean and in good working order. Try to eat an extra piece of fruit or veggie every day too.
It is important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! Get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather
Get the right amount of sleep in every night
The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is like the fuel that recharges your batteries.
Wash your hands regularly
To keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands, mouth, and eyes, you have to wash your hands regularly. Always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by where you can’t get to soap and water.
Smoking significantly weakens your immune system. So quitting smoking can maintain your health’s immune system intake. So STOP SMOKING!
These are just some of the simple tips that you can do to strengthen your body’s immune system so that you can stay healthy and well in the winter season
- Millions of people pay tribute to the nation`s best children
- Victory Day today
- Hetmyer, Hope power Windies to 8-wicket over India
- Bowlers, Labuschagne fire Australia to easy win
- Boko Haram kill 19 Nigeria herders in clashes
- Tigers focus firmly on Test cricket amid BBPL festivity
- Housewife’s hanging body recovered in Ctg
- 6 dead in protests against Indian citizenship law
- 24 killed in DR Congo gold mine collapse
- Abid first to score Test and ODI hundreds on debut
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’ Challenge
- Foreign Friends of 1971
- Katabon Market catches fire
- Young found dead in Faridpur
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Gazipur fan factory fire kills 10
- Govt working to make armed forces more modern: PM
- Hasan urges foreign journos to project Bangladesh dev
- Saifuddin desperate to make a comeback
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Road crash kills woman in Capital
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Air ticket at Tk 16 on Dec 16!
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Sanna Marin, world’s youngest-serving PM
- Gambia details mass rapes, killings in Myanmar
- 11 Australians missing in New Zealand eruption