Tigers reaches Sri Lanka
Published: 08:52 PM, 20 July 2019
After returning from recently concluded World Cup, Tigers are now in Sri Lanka to play three-match ODI series. Six cricketers of the 14-men squad reached Sri Lanka at 5:30 pm (BST).
However, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced squad for Sri Lanka series under captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. But Mashrafe did not go to Sri Lanka with the team due to injury.
Along with acting captain Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Soumya Sarkar, Mehdi Hasan Miraj, Mustafizur Rahman, and Mosaddek Hossain Saikat have left the country. Pacer Rubel Hossain will fly to Sri Lanka on Sunday.
Sabbir Rahman, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Mohammad Mithun and Farhad Reza will leave Dhaka for Sri Lanka on Monday. Taskin Ahmed and Taijul Islam will joing directly from India as they are currently playing mini ronji trophy in India.
Shakib Al Hasan has already taken leave from Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to past time with his family. Due to marriage, Liton Das is not playing in Sri Lanka series. Mashrafe ruled out from Sri Lanka tour due to a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, all-rounder, Mohammad Saifuddin is not playing against the Lankans due to a back injury. That means Bangladesh team is going to field against Sri Lanka without the original XI.
The three-match ODI series will start from July 26 at Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. Bangladesh will face Lanka in the remaining two matches of the series on July 29 and July 31 at the same ground.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC