Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
Published: 11:12 PM, 1 September 2019 Updated: 09:59 AM, 2 September 2019
A 15-member Bangladesh team, led by Shakib Al Hasan reached Chattogram on Sunday for the one-off Test against Afghanistan, beginning from September 5.
The Tigers concluded their training camp with a two-day practice match at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Saturday, where Mahmudullah hit back in form with a century.
Mosaddek Hossain also got some runs while fast bowler Taskin Ahmed showed his bowling skill, much to the delight of the team management.
Taskin Ahmed is elated with the prospect of returning to the national fold after being out of the limelight for his injury.
”If I get the chance to play, I will try to perform well. I’m very excited. I want everyone to pray for me and if I get the chance to play I will try to play well,” Taskin told reporters at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Sunday, before leaving Dhaka for Chattogram.
The experienced Mahmudullah Riyad shone bright for Bangladesh Red. First, he smashed a patient hundred with the bat before returning with the ball to scalp three wickets as Bangladesh Green were bundled out for just 125 runs on the second and final day of the game.
After Taskin Ahmed and Ebadot Hossain sparked for Bangladesh Red with four and three wickets respectively, the third seamer in Bangladesh’s squad, Abu Jayed, impressed with the ball. He bagged three wickets for Bangladesh Green while conceding just 22 runs from his ten overs.
Mosaddek Hossain’s fifty was the highest scorer for the Green team as none of the batsman were able to score significantly.
Mehidy Hasan Miraz, who is nursing a finger injury is also confident that he will be up for selection ahead of the one-off Test match.
“I will try to give my 100 percent. And because we are playing at home, if we can give our best we can definitely get good results,” said Mehidy.
”We had good preparations. We all worked really hard for last 10-12 days. And as everyone worked hard, we will get that result of hard work,” he said.
This will be Bangladesh’s first Test under new head coach Russell Domingo, who replaced Steve Rhodes as the head coach of the side after the World Cup debacle.
- Winning start for Chattogram Abahani
- Kohli to miss T20I series over Bangladesh
- 11 Bangladeshis among 36 killed in Saudi road crash
- President flies to Japan Sunday
- Anti-Brexit activists march to parliament as MPs delay decision
- Siberian dam collapse kills 15
- Barcelona win to go top of La Liga
- Tasty ‘hog plum pickles’ recipe
- `Be prepared to prove yourself you are the best Hafez`
- Khulna need 108-run on final day
- Why you should eat Ginger every day
- European SolO probe ready to take on audacious mission
- Iraqi man charged over deaths of 350 Australia heading migrants
- Sharma, Rahane help India hit back after early wobble
- Nationwide protests erupt in Lebanon over impose tax on WhatsApp
- Misa-Moushumi vows to stand together
- Chile faces stormy protests over train ticket price hike
- Honduran president`s brother guilty of drug smuggling
- Exact time to charge phones
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- BPL not the place to make a player: Shakib
- ‘Bangladesh to get highest assistance from WB’
- AL conference means new face: Quader
- 5000 cases filed over traffic irregularities
- Maxi López forgives and thanks Icardi for stealing wife
- RMF to support underprivileged children in Bangladesh
- Chicken soup in hotel style!
- Man now a newspaper hawker after 34yrs teaching
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- Body of elderly man recovered
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- BUET students’ call off protests
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Fat Girl’ of sex video now the inspiration of ‘Olimpia Law’