Tigers make history with dominant win
Published: 09:05 PM, 11 March 2020 Updated: 09:09 PM, 11 March 2020
Bangladesh make history with dominant 9 wickets win
Bangladesh made history with a 2-0 whitewash over visiting Zimbabwe beating them by 9 wickets in the 2nd and last T20I thanks to opener Liton Das' dominant 60 off 45 and all bowlers for their economical bowling. This is the first time Bangladesh beat any team in all matches in all three formats.
After winning the toss Bangladesh skipper Mahmudullah Riyad asked Zimbabwe to bat first and they post 119/7 in 20 overs. Bangladesh chased down the target in 15.5 overs losing only one wicket.
Chasing the target Bangladesh got flying start as Mohammad Naim and Liton Das added 77 runs in 10.4 overs before Naim's dismissal to Mpofu for 33 off 34 with five fours.
Liton Das and Soumya Sarkar, the previous match hero left the field after completing the victory for Bangladesh. They added unbeaten 43 runs in the 2nd wicket stand. Liton scored 60 off 45 balls with 8 fours and Soumya made 20 off 16 with 2 sixes.
For Zimbabwe Mpofu bagged the only wickets conceding 27 runs in 3.5 overs.
Earlier, Bangladesh have restricted Zimbabwe to 119/7 in the 2nd T20I of the two-match series at Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium.
They lost wickets in regular intervals but Brendan Taylor carries his bat to hold Zimbabwe together with 59 not out. CR Ervine 29 off 33 wast the 2nd highest scorer for the visiting team. Sikandar Raza 12 and TS Kamunhukamwe 10 were the other two batsmen who reached the double-digit.
All of Bangladesh's bowlers performed their roles with aplomb, sharing the wickets around. Though Hasan Mahmud didn't strike, he looked impressive. Mustafizur Rahman and Al-Amin Hossain took 2 wickets each while Mohammad Saifuddin, Mahedi Hasan, and Afif Hossain bagged one wicket each.
Bangladesh also completed 3-0 whitewash in the ODI series and they won the only Test by innings and 106 runs. It is the very first time Bangladesh made a clean sweep in all three formats.
- 2 killed in Tangail autorickshaw-motorcycle collision
- Online portals to bring under registration soon: Hasan
- Imperial and BBMH declared as dedicated Covid-19 hospitals
- Magura coronavirus cases rise to 20
- Ershad’s ‘Palli Nibas’ under lockdown
- Niloufer Manzur laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard
- 1,200 Bangladeshis return home from Maldives
- COVID-19 cases surpass 5.6 million globally
- Chandpur coronavirus deaths rise to 13
- Chicken prices drop by Tk 40
- Man hides after knowing he tests COVID-19 positive
- ‘BNP can’t shun politics of criticism, hatred even on Eid day’
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Motijheel zone ADC Mithu infected with coronavirus
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country
- Nushrat wants to get married!