Tigers’ humble tribute for Language Martyrs
Published: 03:29 PM, 21 February 2020
Today is 21st February, the Amar Ekushey. The Great Shaheed Dibash and International Mother Language Day is being celebrated across the country as well as all over the world. In 1952, Salam, Barkat, Rafiq, Jabbar, Shafiur and many others have sacrificed their lives to establish the Bengali language on this day, 68 years ago. Today is the day of the oath to go ahead surpassing al obstacles. This is a day of mourning and glory simultaneously for the Bengali nation. Not just Bengali, Day is of all speaking people of the world. That is why billions of people around the world, including Bengalis, are remembering those martyrs today in tribute.
Bangladesh’s star crickets like Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim and many others have also paid their due tributes to all language heroes.
"On International Mother Language Day, I am commemorating every living and martyr language heroes with humble respect. Today, I can express my feelings in the mother tongue by dint of their sacrifice. Let every person stay in love with the mother tongue,” stated Shakib Al Hasan, on social media in a message.
Mr. Dependable Mushfiqur Rahim writes I speak in Bangla... I am a proud Bengali. I pay homage to the death-defying martyrs of the language movement.
On his official Facebook page, Tamim Iqbal wrote, Wishing everyone a great martyr day and International Mother Language Day.
Taskin Ahmed writes, ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano Ekushey February, Ami Ki Bholite Pari? Humble respect to all languages martyrs.’
- Coronavirus death toll rise to 36,912, infected over .76m
- Coronavirus claims over 1200 lives in just 3 hours
- China stays with Bangladesh in war against coronavirus
- Woman dies of dyspnoea, all family members in quarantine
- PM calls 12 ministers-secretaries
- Rice at Tk 30, flour at Tk 18
- Netanyahu in self-isolation after aide tests corona-positive
- Singer Fahmida Nabi in house-arrest in London
- Reason of German minister’s suicide unveiled
- 2 killed in Naogaon road crash
- Indefinite hat-bazar shutdown in Barguna
- Tea-worker family in Quarantine in Kamolganj
- Test your coronavirus infection risk at home
- FBCCI to provide PPE to health service workers
- 40 youths’ great initiative to tackle coronavirus
- Tokyo Olympics pushed back a year
- DC door to door with sack on shoulder
- Pandemic coronavirus death toll crosses 35,000
- MP Jakob donates Tk 25 lakh to Charfashon-Manpura poor
- ICDDRB to test coronavirus
- US-Bangla provides PPE to all hospitals
- Netanyahu`s aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Fire hits 6 houses in Gopalganj
- CUET to remain shut until April 9
- Dhoni set for international retirement!
- Over 500 deaths recorded in US in a day; 21,000 infected
- PM to hold videoconference on coronavirus situation tomorrow
- Coronavirus: India to release 3000 prisoners!
- Woman in quarantine under open sky!
- Woman dies of breathing difficulties in Sunamganj, family quarantined
- All News »
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- US lawyer files $20 tn indemnity against China
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- Italy registers 59,138 coronavirus cases, 5,476 dead
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul