Tigers begin preparation for tri-series
Published: 03:33 PM, 27 December 2017 Updated: 09:43 PM, 3 January 2018
The Tigers are gearing up to commence for the upcoming challenges of the tri-series, the two Tests against Sri Lanka followed by the two T20 internationals on Tuesday.
It is now almost certain that Khaled Mahmud Sujon may acting as the head coach in the tri-series tournament. Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said they are not in a hurry to appoint a new head coach and they will wait for their best options.
The local newspaper reported that Richard Pybus and Phil Simmons completed their interviews with the BCB but BCB said there are no high profile names waiting in their list.
On December 23, BCB declared a 32-member preliminary squad for the upcoming Tri-nation series starting on January 15 in the next year.
Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe will play in the in the seven-match day-night ODI series. After the ODI series Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will play two Tests and two T20Is matches.
Preliminary Squad of Bangladesh team: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Nasir Hossain, Mominul Haque, Imrul Kayes, Sabbir Rahman, Litton Kumar Das, Soumya Sarkar, Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Shafiul Islam, Mehidy Hassan Miraz, Mosaddek Hossain, Anamul Hoque Bijoy, Taijul Islam, Mohammad Mithun, Abu Haidar Rony, Nazmul Islam Shanto, Abu Jahed Rahi, Shubhashish Roy, Sadman Islam, Abul Hasan Raju, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Nazmul Islam Apu, Sunzamul Islam, Ariful Haque, Mehedi Hasan and Saif Uddin
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- PM for worthy citizens through sports
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack