Tigers beat Zimbabwe by innings and 106 runs
Published: 02:09 PM, 25 February 2020 Updated: 04:49 PM, 25 February 2020
Tigers celebrating the victory
Bangladesh won the solitary cricket Test against Zimbabwe by an innings and 106 runs at Sher-e-BanglaNational Cricket Stadium in Dhaka on Tuesday.
Off-spinner Nayeem Hasan took five wickets for 82 while left-arm spinner Taijul Islam finished with figures of four wickets for 78 as Zimbabwe folded for 189 runs in their second essay. Earlier in the first innings, Tigers bowled out Zimbabwe for 265 runs while Bangladesh set a massive total of 560 for six.
Bangladesh lost six Tests in a row, losing five of those by an innings margin. In another, the Tigers lost to Afghanistan by 222 at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram. Bangladesh's previous win was also against Zimbabwe. Mushfiq-Tamim's Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by innings and 184 runs on November 26.
Resuming the day on tricky 9-2, Zimbabwe tasted further collapse as opener Kevin Kasuza offered a simple catch at second slip off Taijul Islam bowling for 10, leaving Zimbabwe 15-3 in 11th over.
The big blow came when Brendan Taylor, who was playing with utmost confidence, was undone by an extra bounce of Nayeem Hasan as his attempted sweep resulted in a catch at midwicket. The most experienced batsman of Zimbabwe scored 17 off 47 with one four and a six.
Skipper Craig Ervine and Sikandar Raza resisted and shared a 60-run partnership before the captain was trapped run-out for 49 ball-43. Ervine who made an excellent 107 in the first innings, struck six fours and one six.
- 60 Australian newspapers to stop printing
- Canadian thriller ‘Corona’ touted first COVID-19 movie
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- BNP is not with people in coronavirus fight
- Legendary jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney dies of coronavirus
- Eight samples collected in Ctg, results afternoon
- Free Coronavirus test in DMCH, result in 3 hrs
- All Pohela Boishakh events cancelled
- Measures taken to meet milk, egg, fish and meat demand
- Coronavirus test in Rajshahi begins
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus claims lives of two US activists
- Lata Mangeshkar donates Rs 25 lakh to fight against coronavirus
- Pak legend sportsman dies of corona
- Temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Worker killed in Satkhira road crash
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Coronavirus is worst crisis since World War II: UN Chief
- 100 shops gutted in Khulna fire
- 3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
- Coronavirus alone took only 2.3 percent lives in Italy!
- Corona test at BSMMU begins today; result in 4 hrs!
- One more dies from coronavirus in country
- Buttler auctions WC final jersey to raise funds
- India coronavirus death toll rises to 45
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- 5 correct rules for mobile charging
- Jamie Day to provide food for 300 helpless people
- Taskin’s father waived fare of all renters
- Newborn named `Lockdown`!
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium