`Tiger Zinda Hai’ roars at box office
Published: 02:46 PM, 24 December 2017 Updated: 11:32 AM, 26 December 2017
Scene of `Tiger Zinda Hai’
Salman Khan`s `Tiger Zinda Hai’ gets the second biggest opening of 2017 at Rs. 33.75 crore, reports trade analyst Taran Adarsh. `Tiger roars... flexes its muscles at the box office and takes an extraordinary start,` he tweeted. Salman Khan`s film opened to packed morning shows and the result is before us.
Tiger Zinda Hai`s box office success tones down the deplorable performance of his first release of 2017 - Tubelight. Salman Khan, who also topped the list of Forbes` 100 Indian celebrities, has many reasons to celebrate now. However, Tiger Zinda Hai`s opening day collection is significantly lower than this year`s undisputable champion of the box office - Baahubali: The Conclusion, the Hindi dubbed version of which made Rs. 44 crore on Day One.
The film also performed spectacularly overseas. Here are early numbers from Australia, New Zealand and UAE and other Gulf countries: Even with fabulous ticket window story, Tiger Zinda Hai failed to receive favourable reviews.
Film Critic Sabial Chatterjee gave the film 2-star rating and said it lacks logic. If Tiger Zinda Hai roars loud enough at the box-office, we`ve got to live with it,` he wrote. Film critic Raja Sen had a problem with the film`s runtime. At an exhausting two hours and forty minutes, I really don`t care if Tiger is alive or a vegetable - whether he`s Zinda or Tinda, really - but this film needed to be much tighter,` he said, giving the film 2.5 stars out of five.
Tiger Zinda Hai is directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and it also stars Katrina Kaif in lead role opposite Salman Khan.
- Motorcyclist killed in Sylhet road crash
- College student dies of dengue in Shariatpur
- Griezmann hits two to seal Barca`s first La Liga win
- Floods kill 62 in Sudan
- Today’s sports on TV
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don’t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- I am half Sindhi, half Peshawar: Sonam Kapoor
- No bar to publish 9th wage board gazette