Three of a family burnt in Mohammadpur fire...

Dhaka, Friday   25 June 2021

Three of a family burnt in Mohammadpur fire

 Staff Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 11:25 AM, 29 May 2021  

File Photo

File Photo

Three members of the same family, including a child, were burnt in a fire at a tin-shed house in the capital's Mohammadpur. 

The fire broke out at Nawaday Housing in Mohammadpur around 2:45 am on Saturday. 

The injured were identified as Md Sohail, 35, his wife Laboni Akhter Hawa, 25, and their two-year-old son Md Mosalin. They have been admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. 

Neighbour Rupa Akhter said they used to live in the rented tin-shed house No 2 in C block of Nawaday Housing. The fire may have originated from a mosquito coil. 

According to the doctor of the Burn Institute, Sohai, Laboni and Mosalin suffered 75 percent, 30 percent and 80 percent of burn injuries respectively. 

According to the fire service, it was initially known that the fire broke out when gas spread due to gas line leakage came in contact with the mosquito coil inside the room. 

DailyBangladesh/AN