Three hospitals in Dhaka kept as ‘isolation’: IEDCR
Published: 02:34 PM, 10 March 2020 Updated: 07:21 PM, 10 March 2020
Prof Dr. Mirzadi Sabrina Flora, director of the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control And Research (IEDCR), addressing the press briefing
Prof Dr. Mirzadi Sabrina Flora, director of the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control And Research (IEDCR), on Tuesday said three hospitals in Dhaka have been kept as ‘isolation’ hospitals.
“I cannot specify the names of the hospitals at this time. Apart from this, the ‘isolation’ system has been kept separately in each hospital outside Dhaka,” he said at a press briefing at IEDCR in Mohakhali in the capital.
Dr. Mirzadi Sabrina Flora said, “So far, three people are affected by the coronavirus in Bangladesh, but they are now in ‘Critical Condition Stable’.”
They are infected with a mild virus and showed no complications. However, they will be given clearance from the hospital after fully cured, she also said.
Referring to the hotline in the last 24 hours, she said, “2778 calling came in the last 24 hours.”
25 people came for a sample test at the IEDCR. Seven new samples have been collected. A total of 127 samples were collected. No new cases found. Four are in quarantines and eight are in isolation, she also said.
Whether the expatriates need a coronavirus certificate depends on the decision of the Foreign Ministry, said Dr. Mirzadi Sabrina Flora.
Mentioning 114 countries outside of China are affected, Mirzadi Sabrina Flora urged all those coming from abroad to stay in the self-quarantine for 14 days. “Without awareness, there is no way to prevent it. Just comply with the etiquette while coughing,” she added.
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead