The reasons for Bale`s anger
Published: 08:11 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 05:33 PM, 26 February 2019
The images of the celebration of his winning goal against Levante, pushing Lucas Vazquez aside and denying the hands of almost all of his teammates left no doubt.
He is angry with the world and the goal didn't make him smile. On Sunday at Levante, he was decisive by scoring the winning goal from the penalty spot, due to the absence of Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema.
Bale is very angry, firstly, with his sporting situation. At the moment, he is a substitute and doesn't understand why he believes that his status and quality should be enough to see him start but it is Lucas and Vinicius who play.
Fully recovered from injury, he wants to be the leader of Real's project but for now, he isn't convincing Santiago Solari.
As a result, he feels ill-treated and is putting his numbers on the table to justify his anger because since his return, coming off the bench, he has already scored three goals against Espanyol, Atletico and Levante.
But the anger of Bale isn't only because of what is happening on the field of play.
The former Southampton man is also upset with his teammates, two of them in particular: Thibaut Courtois and Marcelo.The declarations of the duo in recent interviews in their respective countries weren't too favourable towards Bale.
During his interview, the goalkeeper revealed that Bale's dressing room nickname is 'the golfer' and that he doesn't go to team's dinners 'because he sleeps at that time' and that was considered a betrayal. Marcelo's jokes about the forward's problems with Spanish didn't sit well with Bale either, who feels like he is the easy target of his teammates and the press.
Bale also feels unfairly treated by the Spanish press, believing he is attacked and is disappointed that his successes at the club aren't taken into account.
One phrase in particular summed up how he felt about his treatment.
"If it was another player who had scored the overhead kick in the Champions League final to win no.13..."
All of that causes Bale to smile much less than usual and caused the reaction that we witnessed on Sunday after his goal.
It was a bad reaction that one of his best friends in the dressing room, Luka Modric, tried to play down by asking for calm and giving him a hug.
After reconsidering, the Welshman did leave the stadium in more of a relaxed mood but inside, he was still angry, above all because he isn't the leader of his Real Madrid team.
The next three games will be decisive for his morale. Bale feels that he has the potential to start in all three and hopes that the games against Barcelona and Ajax will help him end the criticism and recover his status as a star.
Of course, everything depends on Solari, who is very concerned about the anger of his players.
What's more, there are some within the club who do believe that the angrier Bale is then the better he performs.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar