The reasons for Bale`s anger
Published: 08:11 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 05:33 PM, 26 February 2019
The images of the celebration of his winning goal against Levante, pushing Lucas Vazquez aside and denying the hands of almost all of his teammates left no doubt.
He is angry with the world and the goal didn't make him smile. On Sunday at Levante, he was decisive by scoring the winning goal from the penalty spot, due to the absence of Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema.
Bale is very angry, firstly, with his sporting situation. At the moment, he is a substitute and doesn't understand why he believes that his status and quality should be enough to see him start but it is Lucas and Vinicius who play.
Fully recovered from injury, he wants to be the leader of Real's project but for now, he isn't convincing Santiago Solari.
As a result, he feels ill-treated and is putting his numbers on the table to justify his anger because since his return, coming off the bench, he has already scored three goals against Espanyol, Atletico and Levante.
But the anger of Bale isn't only because of what is happening on the field of play.
The former Southampton man is also upset with his teammates, two of them in particular: Thibaut Courtois and Marcelo.The declarations of the duo in recent interviews in their respective countries weren't too favourable towards Bale.
During his interview, the goalkeeper revealed that Bale's dressing room nickname is 'the golfer' and that he doesn't go to team's dinners 'because he sleeps at that time' and that was considered a betrayal. Marcelo's jokes about the forward's problems with Spanish didn't sit well with Bale either, who feels like he is the easy target of his teammates and the press.
Bale also feels unfairly treated by the Spanish press, believing he is attacked and is disappointed that his successes at the club aren't taken into account.
One phrase in particular summed up how he felt about his treatment.
"If it was another player who had scored the overhead kick in the Champions League final to win no.13..."
All of that causes Bale to smile much less than usual and caused the reaction that we witnessed on Sunday after his goal.
It was a bad reaction that one of his best friends in the dressing room, Luka Modric, tried to play down by asking for calm and giving him a hug.
After reconsidering, the Welshman did leave the stadium in more of a relaxed mood but inside, he was still angry, above all because he isn't the leader of his Real Madrid team.
The next three games will be decisive for his morale. Bale feels that he has the potential to start in all three and hopes that the games against Barcelona and Ajax will help him end the criticism and recover his status as a star.
Of course, everything depends on Solari, who is very concerned about the anger of his players.
What's more, there are some within the club who do believe that the angrier Bale is then the better he performs.
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- WASA’s 11 corrupt source found
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Indictment hearing in Barapukuria graft case deferred
- Man to die for killing wife in Rajshahi
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight