Terrorist killed in Jessore `gunfight`
Published: 11:03 AM, 6 January 2018 Updated: 10:48 AM, 7 January 2018
A terrorist was killed in a `gunfight` with Rapid Action Battilion (RAB) at Jhikargachha upazila in Jessore. The gunfight took place in Kashipur N`Hati Refugee Para on Saturday morning.
At that time, two constables of RAB were injured. Arms were recovered from the spot.
The deceased was identified as Liton Babu alias Pulsar Babu, 30, son of Khokon Hossain of Kashipur village of Jhikargachha upazila.
Major Zia, the commander of Jessore-6 camp, said on secret information that a group of armed men held a secret meeting at a house in Kashipur N`Hati Refugee para in Jhikargacha, a team of RAB caonductted a drive in the area.
Sensing presence of the law enforcers, the terrorists started firing on them from the house. In this, RAB members constable Hasan and Constable Mahbub were injured.
Later, RAB members also started firing. At this time a terrorist was shot and the rest fled. Later the police recovered the body of the bullet-hit and sent it to Jessore hospital morgue for autopsy.
A pistol, a magazine and a round bullet were recovered from the scene.
Jhikargachha Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abu Saleh Masud Karim said terrorist Palsar Babu is accused in half a dozen cases including murder with different police stations.
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- Do not waste the environment in courtroom; says CJ
- Youth killed at in-law’s house after love-marriage
- Suhrawardy`s death anniv observed
- AG minister wants to export agricultural products
- Fire in Tongi factory: 11-unit firefighter to douse
- Accused dies in court praying for bail
- Bridges on Bhola-Barishal route by 2025
- Local population at risk for Rohingyas presence: TIB
- Shithi Saha hospitalized
- Banned player to play Bangabandhu BPL
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Singer Asif turns actor
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM opens 4 dev schemes incl 5 new ships
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight