‘Terrorist’ killed in Comilla ‘gunfight’
Published: 11:06 AM, 7 January 2018 Updated: 04:45 PM, 7 January 2018
A suspected terrorist was killed in a gunfight with detective branch of police at Alekharchar Amtoli in Comilla Sadar upazila early Sunday.
At that time, three members of DB police, including a Sub-Inspector (SI) were injured. Arms were recovered from the spot.
The deceased was identified as Abu Taher, 28, son of Abul Khayer Miah, a resident of Songraish area of Comilla city and kingpin of the robber gang.
On secret information that a gang of bandits was taking preparation to commit robbery on the bank of Gomoti River, a DB team carried out a drive there around 1:30 am, said Manzurul Alam, officer-in-charge of detective branch of police, Comilla.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the robbers opened fire on them, forcing the DB members to retaliate that triggered the gunfight. At this time one of the robbers caught in the line of fire and died on the spot and another was detained.
Abu Taher was the main suspect of mugging incident of Tk 40 lakh of Max Company from South Chartha area of the city in last year, the police personnel added.
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter