Teknaf JL leader murder: Prime accused killed in gunfight
Published: 10:41 AM, 1 September 2019 Updated: 12:44 PM, 1 September 2019
Nur Mohammad, the prime accused in the murder of Jubo League (JL) leader Omar Faruk
A Rohingya terrorist, the prime accused in the murder of Jubo League (JL) leader Omar Faruk, was killed in a gunfight with police at Jadimura hill under Hnila UP of Teknaf Upazila in Cox's Bazar early Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Nur Mohammad, son of Kala Miah of Jadimura camp.
Three policemen were also injured in the gunfight. The injured were - OC (Investigation) ABMS Doha, Constable Ashedul and Antar Chowdhury.
Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station, said that Noor Mohammad was arrested on Saturday night. Following his information, police conducted a drive there in the night.
Sensing presence of police, the associates of Nur Mohammad opened fire on them, forcing them to fire back in self-defence that triggered the gunfight, the OC said.
After the gunfight, police rescued the injured Rohingya youth from the spot and took him to Teknaf Upazila Health Complex from where doctors declared him dead. Later, the body was sent to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital morgue.
Police recovered four LG, 18 rounds of cartridges and 20 bullet-shells from the spot.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today