Technical education for producing skilled workforce stressed
Published: 05:38 PM, 4 March 2019 Updated: 05:42 PM, 4 March 2019
Experts have stressed on producing skilled workforce through popularising technical and vocational education among young generations to make them suitable for the job-oriented market.
They expressed the view at the seminar styled ‘Journey to Career’ arranged at concluding function of the daylong Job Fair-2019 held at conference room of Rangpur Technical School and College in the city on Sunday.
Rangpur Technical School and College organised the events with assistance of the Skill for Investment Employment Programme, RFL Group, Mohona Constructions Limited, bdjobs.com and other job providing organisations of the country.
Rangpur Regional Director of the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Professor Dr. Md. Sirajul Islam attended the seminar as the chief guest.
With Principal of Rangpur Technical School and College Arbindu Kumar Bardhan in the chair, head of the Department of Welding of the institution Shariful Islam and Head of its Department of Computer Trade Hedayetul Islam addressed the seminar as special guests.
Job Placement Officer of Rangpur Technical School and College Zenith Lincon Majumder addressed the seminar as the resource person and the programme was moderated by teacher of the institution Md. Badruddoza.
The students of Rangpur Technical School and College who completed their courses on various trades participated in the seminar.
Principal Arbindu Kumar Bardhan narrated importance of popularising the need-based and job-oriented technical education and latest technologies among the young generations to turn them into able human resources and experts befitting for the 21st century.
“The rate of admission to technical educational institutions increased in recent years producing skilled workforce having job opportunities both at home and abroad and they are contributing to building a developed Bangladesh,” he said.
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU admission test begins
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight