Jathivanga Genocide Day
Tears become main resource
Published: 10:29 PM, 23 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
Today is April 23, Jathivanga Genocide Day of Thakurgaon. On this day of 1971, the Pak army killed more than 3000 innocent Bengalis in 15 villages of Sadar upazila.
47 years have passed. The relatives of those martyrs have not got anything, even not recognition, no justice. Even the day does not remember any program of government or non-government organizations.
Tears are their only resources. Someone is begging to be alive, someone works day-to-day jobs
On the day before the incident, on April 22, 1971, three thousand people of 15 villages, including Chak Haldi, Singia, Chandipur, Basudevpur, Gauripur, Milanpur, Jagannakkhpur, Shukhanpukhuri- five unions of Thakurgaon Sadar upazila started to refuge in India to save lives. The local opposition opponents prevent them by obstructing them in Jathabhanga area.
The next day, on April 23, the local Razakars informed Pak army. After killing innocent Bengalis, the Pak Army buried the bodies on the bank of alongside the river. In one day 350 women became widows. Even after 47 years of independence, those widows did not even receive the honour of the martyr`s family.
Tirpah Mohan of Jagannathpur village of Sadar upazila was shot in the house of genocide and lying on the bed due to various diseases. Paralysis is suffering from a disease and she is struggling to live.
Thakurgaon Acting Freedom Fighters Commander Badiuddoza Badar said that we have struggled in many movements for the recognition of widows of all martyrs of genocide. But the government did not take any notice. We all want the recognition of those widows and justice of the murder of their husbands.
Thakurgaon DC Akhtaruzzaman said that the government is working on the spirit of liberation war. In the Thakurgaon Sadar Upazila, the recommendations of the Ministry of Liberation War will be given to the families of the martyrs in genocide.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties