Teacher`s body bisected by train in Pabna
Published: 03:05 PM, 12 July 2019
Deceased Babu: File Photo
Police recovered a teacher’s bisected body from a rail track at Pakshi in Ishwardi upazila on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Sirajul Islam Babu, 42, headmaster of Baghoil Child Care Kindergarden in Pakshi.
Being informed by local people police recovered the body from the rail track near Pakshi Railway Station around 8:30 am and sent it to local hospital morgue for autopsy, said Subir Datta, officer-in-charge of Ishwardi Railway Police.
Quoting family members, police said Babu went out for morning walk after Fazr prayers.
Babu's wife Mala Khatun said, after the Fajr prayers Babu went out walking every day. At 9am, he was supposed to go for picnic with school children in Lalpur Park. Due to the delay in return, repeated calls were sent to his mobile phones, but not received. Later the locals informed Babu's death news.
Pakshi police outpost in-charge Shahidul Islam Shaheed said, Babu was walking on the railway tracks in the morning. There is a possibility that the train could not hear the sound of being in the other direction.
Police said he might have been killed after being hit by a train in the morning.
Railway Police Station OC Subir Dutta said, on the death of Babu, the UD case has been filed with the Railway Police Station.
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son`s body recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- DU admission test in new method
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque