Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
Published: 09:46 PM, 19 February 2020 Updated: 09:46 PM, 19 February 2020
It has been alleged that an assistant teacher has been collecting salaries for almost three years, despite not signing the school's attendance sheet at Sharankhola in Bagerhat.
According to vocal instruction, the teacher is currently taking classes at Khwantakata Government Primary School of the Upazila, said a source.
It has been known that Mosammat Chhabi Akhter, a resident of the Khontakata area of the Upazila, joined 89-No Gazi Para Primary School as an assistant teacher in 2016. Shortly afterward, she applied for a transfer to 13-No Khotankata Government Primary School near her home. Later in July 2017, she started taking classes at 13-No Khotankata Government Primary School.
Since then, Chhabi Akhter did not sign to attendance sheet but she withdraws salary on a regular basis. On condition of anonymity, a teacher of the school said that such an irregular work was being done in connection with the present education officer.
About this, Maqsuda Akhter, headteacher of Gazipara Primary School, said that about three years ago, Chhabi Akhter had been transferred from my school. She has no signature in the school attendance department and she does not come here. However, I do not know how her salary is come from.
In addition, headteacher at 13-No Khotankata Government Primary School, Bipul Bihari Roy said, "At a verbal instruction from the then education officer Mohammad Akhter Hossain, I asked Assistant Teacher Chhabi Akhter of Gazipara school to take classes in my school." Since then she is taking classes here. However, she did not have any sign in our teacher's attendance sheet. There is no teacher crisis in the school. Besides, I have not received any documents related to her transfer so far and I do not know under which school she is getting salary.
In this regard, teacher Chhabi Akhter said, I joined 13-No Khotankata Primary School after being transferred by the authorities. If you want to know anything, please contact the concerned authorities and I do not agree to answer any other questions.
However, the senior assistant education officer Mizanur Rahman Pike said that Chhabi Akhter is not a listed teacher of Khotakata School, her name is listed at the school. It is not a matter of me to see if she signed the attendance sheet of the school. As a rule, it is my responsibility to look into whether those schools are functioning properly.
Assistant Education Officer Bidhan Chandra Roy said, "I did not know that the teacher was in Gazi Paara school before. I informed you and the matter will be investigated soon.
On the other hand, our correspondent called several times to talk with the primary education officer Ashraful Islam but he did not receive the phone call.
- 60,000 Gazipur families get 15-day food
- 190 at home quarantine, 10 released
- Free medical campaign by doctor couple in Shariatpur
- Tabligh Jamaat Amir Maulana Saad infected with coronavirus!
- 7 doctors to provide 24-hour online medical service
- Food aid for poor in Rupganj
- Rice selling at Tk 10 starts Sunday
- 24 hrs curfew issued in Mecca-Medina
- News of ‘exempting home rent’ is rumor
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51